Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

radiator

Websites that have that obnoxious adware that somehow hijack your phone and forcibly redirect you to the App Store page of some shitty Candy Crush type game. Aaaargh!!!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

And another thing, instead of pop-up ads there's pop-up prompts to Like on Facebook and Follow on Twitter.
You may quote me on that.

Hawkmumbler

Anime News Network. It's become the embodiment of everything I hate about the modern manga/anime community. Weabos fawning over the creepy side of the industry that is crippling it's mainstream appeal and wildly yelling at anyone who tries to instil a bit of social morality. The mods are as bad as anyone else.

ZenArcade

Not a magna/anime follower, give me some context Hawk? Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

Just all round skeevyness and....uuurggh.

ZenArcade

Hawkmumbler

That's why I genuinely prefer to stick to niche forums as they tend to weed out the cellar dwellers and trolls.

ZenArcade

Heh, they haven't caught me yet....no seriously, this is the only forum I'm on and feel comfortable with the 'vibe' here. Z

The Legendary Shark

What really grinds my gears (today) is when people leave two sheets of tissue on the bog roll but don't change it. Rather, they just start one of the fresh rolls on the windowsill instead. I mean, come on, it takes six seconds if you take it slow. Even worse is leaving the roll completely empty and not changing it - but at least that's more honest. But leaving two sheets on the roll is both lazy and dishonest - "I didn't finish the roll so I don't have to change it." You tw*t. Change the f*cking roll! It takes six seconds! Six! If you don't rush! I timed it - I know! What the Hell are you going to do with those saved six seconds? Write down everything you've ever learned? Scratch yourself? Have sex?
Change the empty f*cking roll, you dick!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SuperSurfer

Bikes on trains. Either get the train to work or ride your bike to work. Not both. Especially in rush hour.

Hawkmumbler

Sorry SS but I can't agree with that. Say a person lives in Bolton and works in Salford quays. They can't afford to move closer to work and they can't afford to pay for a tram to their work place on top of the train journey. They need to get to work sharpish so the best option is to, have a bike?

Considering their are allotted spaces for bike users by the doors I don't see the issue.

SuperSurfer

I get that HM. I actually thought only fold up bikes were allowed on trains. While it might be cheaper and more convenient for the cyclist it is often an inconvenience for other passengers on already crowded trains. Recently a cyclist scraped my shin with his bike peddle. One guy often is on the same train as me with one of those lowrider style bicycles. It takes up the entire width of the carriage.

The Legendary Shark

Don't get me started on cyclists, either. I'm not talking about those maniacs just going to work or down the shops - I'm talking about those loopy Tour de Huddersfield wannabees all spilling out of their lycra romper-suits and silly helmets who go out in big gangs and ride along in a ten mile long knot with no gaps along winding country roads with no passing places, all puffing and panting and red-faced and sucking fluids out of an on-bike flask so that they stop pedalling and wander all over the place like a drunk on a bar stool at chucking out time before sticking their arses in the air and pedalling like buggery for hours on end even though 26mph is NOT FAST and not one of them ever looks like they're enjoying themselves.
And... breathe...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Fungus