Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Everyone IS entitled to make up their own opinion, but nobody's entitled to make up their own facts.
You may quote me on that.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: King Pops on 12 April, 2015, 04:12:00 PM
Everyone IS entitled to make up their own opinion, but nobody's entitled to make up their own facts.

But my facts are the only ones that are true. Not a quote just my cynicism.There is a Christian group in America, Christian's against Dinosaurs that believes fossil evidence of Dinosaurs is a lie and should not be taught in schools. People will just move,ignore or re write the facts to suit their pre-existing agendas.

Against stupidity the Gods themselves contend in vain...
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JamesC

If everyone's opinion was equal you wouldn't have to go to the Doctor to ask whether the lump on your balls was serious - you could just ask your mates down the pub.

radiator

CrazyFoxMachine

A pricky colleague of mine who also texts a lot has this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SwNXQMoNps

as a text tone and it has sort of ruined the whole film for me if not Eric Idle as a man and the entire of Monty Python as a troupe and a phenomenon. I'VE BURNT ALL MY DVDS AND THE BOK AND EVERYTHING.

ALSO THE COLLEAGUE AND THE PHONE.

If anyone needs me I'll be hiding out on the moors.

Hawkmumbler

Some gobshite of a parents thought it would be a good idea to let my little brother and her child play Five Nights at Freddys. He's now weeping uncontrollably in bed and refuses to do anything else. He's scared beyond belief. I'm fucking furious.  >:(

ZenArcade

Don't know what Five Nights at Freddys is Hawk. But a scared, fretful child is not a nice situation. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

It's a horror game. Not a particularly gory one but it has an intense atmosphere and one hell of a set of jump scares. Not suitable for a 7 year old at all.

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 19 April, 2015, 06:16:13 PM
A pricky colleague of mine who also texts a lot has this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SwNXQMoNps

as a text tone and it has sort of ruined the whole film for me if not Eric Idle as a man and the entire of Monty Python as a troupe and a phenomenon. I'VE BURNT ALL MY DVDS AND THE BOK AND EVERYTHING.

ALSO THE COLLEAGUE AND THE PHONE.

If anyone needs me I'll be hiding out on the moors.

A couple of hours ago I clicked on that link. I then got the DVD out and watched the film again. I've totally lost count how many views now.....well in excess of 200. Nothing can ruin it for me.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 19 April, 2015, 09:36:31 PM
It's a horror game. Not a particularly gory one but it has an intense atmosphere and one hell of a set of jump scares. Not suitable for a 7 year old at all.

My Son plays this. He's 11. When he first showed it to me made me jump out of my skin.

Definitely not suitable for a 7 year old.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 20 April, 2015, 07:36:21 AM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 19 April, 2015, 09:36:31 PM

My Son plays this. He's 11. When he first showed it to me made me jump out of my skin.

Definitely not suitable for a 7 year old.

I think it depends on the child. My 7 year old daughter absolutely loves FNAF.

She loves any scary bits in films too. She made me rewind and rewatch the scene in The Dark Crystal where the little goblin has his life-force sucked out 3 times. And after being pestered for ages, I relented and let her watch Poltergeist on the proviso that if she was even slightly uncomfortable at any point, I would turn it off.

She declared it "funny, not scary".

She was utterly terrified of the doll monsters in Doctor Who though.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

radiator

Friends/acquaintances who always try to ask if they can borrow/leach off of your Netflix or HBO login details.

Just get your own damn subscription, you bloody cheapskate. It's really not expensive.

Professor Bear

Doesn't it cost you absolutely nothing at all if they use your login details?

Theblazeuk

You'd at least offer half the subscription though wouldn't you?

I am slightly spoiled on this matter as my Dad has it all and blood is thicker than water. Used to split it in my shared house (and for about 4 months after we left I carried on using it as no one was the wiser :) )

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Lesbian Seagull on 13 May, 2015, 12:45:28 AM
Doesn't it cost you absolutely nothing at all if they use your login details?

I don't think that's the point, is it? The point is more: how is revenue raised for future productions if people who want to watch the content won't pony up the price of entry?

I won't give Sky my money just to get Sky Atlantic for Game of Thrones, but I'll happily buy each series box set on the week of release as a way of trying to get some of my money to the people who actually produced the content.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.