Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Act in haste; repent at....you know the rest kiddo. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: radiator on 17 August, 2015, 04:48:13 PM
So he's essentially a bot, who's now been signed by one of the biggest agencies in Hollywood.

aaaaand... that ended fast http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/259879/fat-jew-comedy-central-development-cancel/

and Hawk - DO leap absolutely you're better than that shit job but DO look first fergawdssakes. You're in the "government actively hates you if you're unemployed" age bracket!!

Fungus

Quote from: ZenArcade on 17 August, 2015, 09:27:48 PM
Act in haste; repent at....you know the rest kiddo. Z

But it's not haste. Hawk has endured a shitty job and knows his mind. As Sharky-ex-Falcon says, find something better and then jump. All the  best.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I'm going with everyone else on this Hawk. If you have already have a job, interviews are much easier. You can act like you don't need them and they'd be lucky to tempt you away from your current job. They don't need to know how much you hate your current job.
You may quote me on that.

sheridan

Quote from: M.I.K. on 17 August, 2015, 10:49:09 PM
18 - 65?

You wish - SPA is up to 68 now, depending on when you were born.

TordelBack

Quote from: sheridan on 18 August, 2015, 08:00:13 AM
Quote from: M.I.K. on 17 August, 2015, 10:49:09 PM
18 - 65?

You wish - SPA is up to 68 now, depending on when you were born.

And rising. Dying in harness is the best outcome for the State.

Grugz

They made a massive hoo haa about killing the go compare man off then bring him back!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Professor Bear

What grinds my gears is people modifying listed buildings they own by building a patio onto it... made from tombstones taken from the graves of children.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Blimey what sort of person would do that? Truly shocking and creepy.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

radiator

I love drawing, but trying to capture a likeness of someone makes me want to claw my own eyes out with frustration. It's so bloody hard i honestly don't know how people do it. One wrong misplaced line and it all goes down the shitter. Often, best-case scenario is the resulting drawing ends up looking like an unintentionally mean caricature.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: radiator on 03 November, 2015, 03:00:12 AM
I love drawing, but trying to capture a likeness of someone makes me want to claw my own eyes out with frustration. It's so bloody hard i honestly don't know how people do it. One wrong misplaced line and it all goes down the shitter. Often, best-case scenario is the resulting drawing ends up looking like an unintentionally mean caricature.
This is why I have decided to avoid going for realism with any picture I draw in my free time. Realism can be taught over time and with many a life drawing class, finding your style and what works for you should take priority.

With That beind said, i'm still completely shit so my advice is best not taken! :lol:

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Fungus

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 03 November, 2015, 09:13:13 AM
Quote from: radiator on 03 November, 2015, 03:00:12 AM
This is why I have decided to avoid going for realism with any picture I draw in my free time. Realism can be taught over time and with many a life drawing class, finding your style and what works for you should take priority.

With That beind said, i'm still completely shit so my advice is best not taken! :lol:

Disagree on that, I'm afraid. You can be Mick McMahon or draw mad robots or whatever else for fun, but the point of life drawing for me is to get accurate. Get as damn near realistic as you can and take what you've learnt into whatever else you do. Lots of artists take these classes, and that's the reason, often it's a million miles away from their 'style'. Took a class last night and though results weren't great it's rare you don't learn a bit at least.

Portraits are bloody hard - and bloody rewarding. Endlessly worthwhile. As artists are prone to say, just keep at it I guess.