Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Hours of painstaking research reveal three of the other five candidates are judges on Irish telly's version of Dragon's Den*. You need to find something for these vacuums to do when their five minutes are up.

If they were making tits of themselves on Strictly or pretending to be a cat on Celebrity Big Brother, you wouldn't have to listen to them protest that what they said is nothing like Hitler at all (and anyone who says different is a Jew).

* X-Factor for people who clean the Qashqai every Saturday

IndigoPrime

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 October, 2018, 01:25:27 PMAnd that the ridiculous blasphemy law is gone - three good referendum results in a row. Eat our dust, Vatican.
And Britain. We've managed two nationwide fuck-ups in a row now. Go us.

JayzusB.Christ

I'll assume the other one was keeping the Tories in?  As for Brexit, you're just not believing enough.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IndigoPrime

The other one was AV. A referendum no-one wanted and that the Tories campaigned against, but have nonetheless used the defeat of as a stick to beat anyone demanding electoral reform.

JayzusB.Christ

Lovely. If it's broke, don't fix it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Professor Bear

Don't forget the Scotch Indy ref, which was a right stitch-up thanks to the media landscape at the time.

Guillotines are a better equaliser than PR anyway.

JayzusB.Christ

'Don't leave us!  We don't want to be the only ones driving our slogan-sided bus off the pier!' 

I wonder how the Scotch would vote if another indy ref were on the cards.

Greg M.

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 October, 2018, 09:44:54 PM
I wonder how the Scotch would vote if another indy ref were on the cards.

Exactly the same way as last time, sadly.

TordelBack

Quote from: Professor Bear on 27 October, 2018, 08:58:25 PM

I know you got those shares cheap off a bloke in Marseille,  but you really need to diversify your portfolio.

Funt Solo

Scottish, not Scotch.

Did you learn nothing from Zenith's manager?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Professor Bear

Quote from: TordelBack on 27 October, 2018, 11:05:03 PM
Quote from: Professor Bear on 27 October, 2018, 08:58:25 PM

I know you got those shares cheap off a bloke in Marseille,  but you really need to diversify your portfolio.

I also have shares in Lockheed Martin, so I'm good whatever happens.

The Legendary Shark

I am very drunk bfor the first time in a long time. One of our volunteers invitted me and bought me some Grouse because he thinks I'm an okay blokee. Jim no doubt disagrees, and thast upsets me more than it should, but he's probly right. I'm a twat, more or less. Cos I don't believe everything I'm told. Ha ha ha.

I would like to say "f*ckv government, rule yourselves" but I probly shouldn't.

BoLlocks to it. Do what you want, just don't hurt anyone.

Shit, where's the fucking bucket?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 27 October, 2018, 11:41:37 PM

I am very drunk bfor the first time in a long time. One of our volunteers invitted me and bought me some Grouse because he thinks I'm an okay blokee. Jim no doubt disagrees, and thast upsets me more than it should, but he's probly right. I'm a twat, more or less. Cos I don't believe everything I'm told. Ha ha ha.

I would like to say "f*ckv government, rule yourselves" but I probly shouldn't.

BoLlocks to it. Do what you want, just don't hurt anyone.

Shit, where's the fucking bucket?

What's a Fucking Bucket? I want one.

TordelBack

Whisky freely given is the very highest of character references.  Hope you found that bucket,  lad!

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, Tordels. It's always a surprise to me when our volunteers do something like this and I never feel like I deserve it. Didn't need the bucket in the end, thank Heaven.

My humblest apologies for last night's alcopost.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]