Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm a bit pissed off as I can't find my watch. I know it'll be in the last place I look, but I haven't looked there yet!

COMMANDO FORCES

Wife just took the piss out of me as she found my watch just now.
It was on the mantelpiece by the bed :-[ (it's an Edwardian house and they have fires in all the room, just in case you wondered what room we slept in)

House of Usher

Quote from: House of Usher on 04 October, 2009, 07:18:40 PM
RIGHT NOW watching Richard Dawkins on Channel 4. Hadn't otherwise thought about turning the TV on all day.

The phone rang, so Richard Dawkins didn't last long. Kylie Minogue guesting in a Christmas special of Dr Who was easier to watch with the sound off, so Dawkins was out-competed. That's selection pressure for you.
STRIKE !!!

SmallBlueThing

i borrowed case files 5 from the library, and someone has drawn cocks on the dark judges.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 04 October, 2009, 08:45:42 PM
i borrowed case files 5 from the library, and someone has drawn cocks on the dark judges.

That'll be Judge Anderson

Paul faplad Finch

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 04 October, 2009, 08:45:42 PM

I was going to borrow Akira Vol 1 from the library but didn't. I had some time to kill before an appointment Friday afternoon so decided to sit and read some of it in the library.  The first 10 pages of strip were missing and someone had written 'ha ha fucker' on the 11th. Even without the vulgarity there was no way it was an accident because the title pages were intact.

I handed it to the assistant and picked up something else to read. 20 mins later as I'm leaving I see the assistant putting it back on the shelf.

Now the vandal deserves to be strung up by the balls, no question, but I have to confess, I was chuntering more about her as I left.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Noisybast

I'm 33, and whilst not exactly a Mott uber-fan, it's an excuse for another ill-fated episode of Matt's Big Rock n' Roll Adventure and the first competition I've won in about a decade. Also, I've been to fewer gigs than I'd like lately. In fact I've missed a lot that I'd have ordinarily have bitten your hand off for due to procrastination this year.

Besides, they'll probably not survive long enough to do another tour, so strike while the iron's hot and all that...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Jim_Campbell

I gots Fields of the Nephilim next month and Rammstein in February. I may go and see my mate Tom's band when they support some bunch of old geezers calling themselves the Animals* in December ... not my natural choice in music, but what they do, they do well.

Cheers!

Jim

* Not quite sure how that works ... Chas Chandler and Eric Burdon are dead, and I'm pretty sure Alan Price won't be playing. I'm reminded of the story about the axe that beheaded Charles I, which was on display at the Tower of London. "We've only had to replace the handle three times and the head twice," one of the guards is reputed to have said.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

vzzbux

I was bored in a library the other day so I got a JD book and drew cocks on the dark judges.

My sons guinea pig Lenny died yesterday, he was a little upset, for about a minute, but has decided he wants a black one. The worst thing was when I was cleaning him out I had him on the dustpan, eyes open staring peacefully, and in a squeaky voice said hello to my missus and she just pissed herself laughing, sick or what.

As I have been typing this, we have my bro in laws son round for a sleepover (see life is drokking fantastic thread) and he has just puked all over the airbed and now he is in bed with the wife and I am stuck down here sleeping on the sofa, just cleaned up the puke, bastard.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Tiplodocus

That Garage bill I thought was for £250 is actually TWO Garage bills totalling £500.

Fortunately I've just worked a shed load of overtime to pay for it but I was planning on spending some of the well-earned cash to start my Tooth Subscription again and buy House of The Dead Overkill. Guess that's off the cards then...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Mike Gloady

I've spent most of my meagre income for ages on keeping me and my mum in food and other consumables.  Now she's died all the money that has been piling up in HER account that I'm due a half of, is now off-limits until the will is done.  And the funeral is going to be HUGELY expensive.  My brother's taking out a loan to cover it and I'll pay my half when I get the cash. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Noisybast

Missed my train due to the taxi driver taking the scenic route in an attempt to screw a few extra shekels out of me. Virgin wanted an extra 65 quid for a seat on the next train (on top of the 28 I'd already paid). Fuck it. I'm back at home lamenting the loss of about 90 quid already paid out for train tickets and a hotel room. And the gig, obviously.

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Noisybast

Damn indeed. Still, I'm just about over my sulk now. The living room's now more or less tidy, I've got a pan of home-made chicken soup bubbling away on the hob and I'm preparing to spend a couple of hours wreaking my vengeance in Black & White, so it's not quite as bleak as I'd initially thought.

TordelBack

QuoteAnd the funeral is going to be HUGELY expensive.  My brother's taking out a loan to cover it and I'll pay my half when I get the cash.

That's what you get for not listening to June Whitfield!  :-*

I don't envy you Mike (in so many ways).  I remember trying to organise my Uncle's funeral a few years back and being simply horrified by the cost, with similar problems of finance.  Is there no way of talking to the solicitor prior to sorting of the will about freeing advance money up?  You (as carer) are probably executor, so you should have some say.  INAL, and I don't know how things work in your jurisdiction, so you're probably should ignore the unsolicited (boom-boom) advice.