Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

A dodgy aggressive looking geezer just tried to stare me out in the shop but he looked away after only 3 seconds.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dandontdare

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 11 October, 2009, 10:21:47 PM
A dodgy aggressive looking geezer just tried to stare me out in the shop but he looked away after only 3 seconds.
Peter "Laser Gaze" Wolf!

COMMANDO FORCES

3 seconds Pete, he'll never win one of those staring contests in Mega City 1 ;)

Peter Wolf

I didnt particularly enjoy that visit to the shop as there were quite a few dodgy types and weirdos hanging around.

I usually ignore or blank them because i have no interest in people who are out to prove something.I just find it boring and its not usually a problem.

COMMANDO FORCES

Peter Wolf

Co-Op.Nothing exciting really.

There was a bunch of dodgy looking East Europeans riding around on bikes with no lights  .They were also rifling through bags of donations left in the doorway of the charity shop across the road.

The guy who was staring in the shop had this odd walk that was like what you call the A Wing Shuffle which is like a swagger.He also had these kind of dead looking eyes or dead expression.I just didnt like his look and he just got my back up instantly.I have seen these types lots of times before as well so its nothing new and i dont really know why i commented on it .

vzzbux

Pete, he probably had some mental issues, you never know.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

SmallBlueThing

Popped into a remaindered bookshop today and found SHITLOADS of Rebellion/ DC 2000AD collections for £2.99 to £4.99. Had a little panic attack, as one does, and worked out I could only afford three of them. Spent twenty minutes umming and arring and generally being rubbish, then went for Fiends Of The Eastern Front hardback, Carver Hale hardback and Durham Red: The Vermin Stars.

However, on return to my module, I was dissappointed to find that I already had the Durham Red volume in an earlier, bigger printing that has flaps,and it was volume one that I needed.

I now have an extra Vermin Stars, should anyone wish to swop.

SBT

Peter Wolf

Quote from: vzzbux on 12 October, 2009, 08:51:58 PM
Pete, he probably had some mental issues, you never know.

V

I wouldnt be at all surprised .

Trout

Durham Red's flaps. Heh heh heh.

I believe this is an excellent use of my 9,992nd post, as I count down to vanishing at 10,000.

- Trout

Dandontdare

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 13 October, 2009, 08:06:43 PM
Popped into a remaindered bookshop today and found SHITLOADS of Rebellion/ DC 2000AD collections for £2.99 to £4.99. Had a little panic attack, as one does, and worked out I could only afford three of them. Spent twenty minutes umming and arring and generally being rubbish, then went for Fiends Of The Eastern Front hardback, Carver Hale hardback and Durham Red: The Vermin Stars.

However, on return to my module, I was dissappointed to find that I already had the Durham Red volume in an earlier, bigger printing that has flaps,and it was volume one that I needed.

I now have an extra Vermin Stars, should anyone wish to swop.
I did something similar (except with drunken amnesiac online clicking) and now have two copies of Robohunter: Verdus I'd swap unless you've already got / don't want that.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

I was on my way to the cinema earlier tonight, walking down a poorly lit street, with headphones in and in another world completely. All of a sudden a young chap with a hood over head, came running out of an adjacent field and jumped over the wall. I first took note of him as he jumped out straight in front of me, this not only made me jump back, but it also scared the living shite out of me. While I'm not normally one for judging people by stereotypes, when i did look at him and turned off my music off, I expected him to demand my cash and whatever else was in my pockets. But instead he just laughed, apologised and shook my hand, then continued running on up the street. Well I guess that showed me.

Ah well! Its nearly Halloween, everyone's entitled to one good scare.

Devons Daddy

MARCOM
the dept from hell.
have decided my intentions for the New year countdown are not enkeeping with image of a marina club.
we should not in their consideratoin be throwing a party.with a band, DJ dancing and enjoyment for all, but should consider a gentle affair with a jazz singer :-\.

its new years for goodness sake.
::)
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

House of Usher

They're twatbags! I bet the party you'd like to throw would be talked about for years and would guarantee repeat custom every December 31st.

As if the kind of people who can afford to order up lobster and champagne delivered to their bloody boat in the middle of the night want to see the New Year in quietly.
::)
Given a choice of paying through the nose for extravagant or pretentious, I'd take extravagant every time!
:D
STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

Nobody should be subjected to jazz without their prior express written permission in triplicate. It is a broad genre and one that divides folks neatly into love/hate camps. Personally i like some jazz but, like metal and hip hop, it's not for everyone. Can't quite understand this move except from pretentious motives. My sympathies.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever