Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncle fester

I'm assuming said artist isn't part of this forum?? Or is this a subversive form of embarrassment?

Bolt-01

No, he's not, thankfully- as otherwise I'd probably have more to say on the subject.

However, there is a Knight on this very board who has stepped up to the plate and filled the gap. Not by taking over on the strip- though I 'do' have plans for that- but by delivering his strip early!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 02 February, 2010, 01:12:10 PM
No, he's not, thankfully- as otherwise I'd probably have more to say on the subject.

However, there is a Knight on this very board who has stepped up to the plate and filled the gap. Not by taking over on the strip- though I 'do' have plans for that- but by delivering his strip early!

Woo-hoo!
And it's good news for me either way!

satchmo

Call Centre monkey: speak to my girlfriend like that again and I'll email you a punch in the fucking face  >:(

Roger Godpleton

What if it's a pregnant lady and because she was a thalidomide baby her womb is in her face?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 02 February, 2010, 07:41:06 PM
What if it's a pregnant lady and because she was a thalidomide baby her womb is in her face?

That doesn't happen, horrid boy. You're thinking of atomic radiation; I saw it in Strontium Dog.

Quote from: Van Dom on 02 February, 2010, 10:36:41 AM
I have FIVE biros on my desk and not one of the buggers will write.

I'm familiar with that situation. The answer is: that's too many ballpoint pens. If you store them too long they dry up. They don't have an indefinite shelf life. I bought bulk once because it was cheap. The ones I used straight away were fine. None of the ones that got stored and ignored while home improvements went on worked at all when they got found again.
STRIKE !!!

Van Dom

Ahh, that'll be it then!  :-[

Don't worry, I'm switching back to coloured pencils, just nicked a box of my daughters and threw it in my office bag! Can't go wrong with coloured Hello Kitty pencils!

(No, I won't be embarrassed sitting in a meeting writing with a coloured Hello Kitty pencil. I'll be wearing my Scooby Doo t-shirt, see, and eating my lunch from my Mickey Mouse lunchbox!!!!! :lol:)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 02 February, 2010, 07:41:06 PM

I probably could have shot that joke with trunc-quilizers and it would still would have worked. But my 5 have elapsed.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

Damn, I can't believe I missed Jordans wedding to that angry dresser in Las Vegas.
I wonder who wore the bridal gown.
Perhaps my invite was lost in the post.

I'll give it 18 months  :lol:

SuperSurfer

I tried watching the weekly double bill of Apprentice (USA) last night. I know it's full of annoying overconfident people whose main qualification is being cocksure, but it's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine and I look forward to it. I got through about 20mins and then woke up 3am on the sofa with the imaginary block of concrete on me that makes getting up and going to bed a Herculean task.

Rog69

I stopped off at the village shop for some bread on my way home from work today and then walked the half a mile home only to realise my car was still parked outside the shop :-[.

Kerrin

staticgirl

My mum used to leave me in the pram outside the local co-op when shopping and forget I was there and go home. Cue phonecalls from people in the shop who'd got rather used to her doing this kind of thing. Baby brain much?

uncle fester

Quote from: staticgirl on 06 February, 2010, 03:42:13 PM
My mum used to leave me in the pram outside the local co-op when shopping and forget I was there and go home. Cue phonecalls from people in the shop who'd got rather used to her doing this kind of thing. Baby brain much?

So are you sure it was your mum who came to collect you or was it just someone who wanted a better pram?

Mike Gloady

That happened to my brother loads too, SG.

It would've happened to me too, except my brother was always there to remind her.  My mum had a shocking memory.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever