Started by ming, 09 January, 2012, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Wait... 'phones have alarm clocks now?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 25 January, 2020, 02:12:33 AM

Wait... 'phones have alarm clocks now?

They'll be putting space invaders, pong and cameras on 'em next, you mark my words!

The Legendary Shark

And I still haven't got my flying car. What the Hell are all those boffins playing at?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 25 January, 2020, 02:19:43 AM

And I still haven't got my flying car. What the Hell are all those boffins playing at?

Oh so this. I'm so disappointed by this. It's as if sci-fi is made up, or worse deliberately lying to me, admit.

TordelBack

They're called 'helicopters'. Still not a good idea to have millions of them flitting about during rush hour, though.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dandontdare on 24 January, 2020, 06:06:55 PM
Owned this phone for several years and used the alarm clock function almost every day - I have only this minute noticed that the little clock icon is actually a clock telling the real time, with a  moving second hand and everything.

I use a piece of paper with the time written on it.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

A really obvious one - re-reading Helter Skelter in JD Case Files 34, the keypad code Dredd gives to Kenzie (p.56) is "...two. six. two. seven. seven" - which is of course the cover date of the very first prog (26/2/77).

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Dash Decent on 28 January, 2020, 06:07:41 AM
Owned this phone for several years and used the alarm clock function almost every day - I have only this minute noticed that the little clock icon is actually a clock telling the real time, with a  moving second hand and everything.

Is it eight o' clock?

Mine too. Amazed. However the fancy big digital clock app I downloaded doesn't do the same. It's sat permanently at 12:00. So I guess those developers also missed it.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

sheridan

It shows the correct time.  Twice a day...

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Dash Decent on 28 January, 2020, 06:09:33 AM
A really obvious one - re-reading Helter Skelter in JD Case Files 34, the keypad code Dredd gives to Kenzie (p.56) is "...two. six. two. seven. seven" - which is of course the cover date of the very first prog (26/2/77).

Nice!  Not obvious to me at all.  I must have been the only person who quite liked Helter Skelter, and I really hated Garth's earlier Dredd run.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 28 January, 2020, 11:01:51 AM

Nice!  Not obvious to me at all.  I must have been the only person who quite liked Helter Skelter, and I really hated Garth's earlier Dredd run.

Nice catch! No, I liked Helter Skelter too - probably helped by the fact that I was so new to the prog (less than a year)!. It was my first epic, if we're not counting mini-epic Sector House, so I suppose I didn't have any past glories to compare it to.
@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 28 January, 2020, 11:11:59 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 28 January, 2020, 11:01:51 AM

Nice catch! No, I liked Helter Skelter too - probably helped by the fact that I was so new to the prog (less than a year)!. It was my first epic, if we're not counting mini-epic Sector House, so I suppose I didn't have any past glories to compare it to.

Sector House = The Pit?

shaolin_monkey

Curious!  A prog in which he didn't exist!!

sheridan

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 28 January, 2020, 12:02:50 PM

Curious!  A prog in which he didn't exist!!

Apart from the 'next week' box at the end (you can just about see him through the hail of lawmaster bullets).

Dash Decent

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 28 January, 2020, 08:26:37 AM

Is it eight o' clock?

Yes it is, Bluebottle.  Have this cardboard gorilla and a photograph of some liquorice.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll