Main Menu

Strontium Dog Fan Film

Started by Steve Green, 19 September, 2014, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: Steve Green on 20 September, 2014, 12:01:17 PM
rather than a fake leg wrapped around a real head...

I'm imagining one of those terrible arrow-through-the-head things, except with a leg instead of the arrow.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

strangelysaucy

props, scribbles and fiddle-aboutery - https://www.facebook.com/Strangelysaucy

Misanthrope

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 September, 2014, 02:10:09 PM
I actually have a face where my knee should be.

Cheers

Jim

That's funny, I have an arse where my face should be.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

CrazyFoxMachine

I'm actually going to start a facebook campaign "Bolt for Kid Knee"

STEVE(S) THIS HAS TO HAPPEN.

Bolt-01

CrazyFoxMachine

Dash Decent

I can see why the Minty team were considering Rogue Trooper - all those troops in their identical uniforms and face-concealing masks/helmets must seem like a walk in the park compared to producing numerous unique muties.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

I'd really love to see the Stix brothers turn up in this.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

mimikeke

Quote from: Dash Decent on 21 September, 2014, 12:06:16 AM
I can see why the Minty team were considering Rogue Trooper - all those troops in their identical uniforms and face-concealing masks/helmets must seem like a walk in the park compared to producing numerous unique muties.

Not to mention that you have 3 offscreen voiceovers for Rogue's gear...

Anyways.  I guess I might as well start reading SD (I'm probably about 1/3 way caught up in Dreddlore and 1/4 in Rogue), maybe I'll catch up by the time you guys get finished and actually know what anyone is talking about.

Steve Green

Yeah, Rogue has a lot of advantages for the reasons described.

We tossed around the ideas of using GoPros for the bits of equipment as well, thought it could be interesting having one of them looking down at their own body after the biochip has been extracted.

mimikeke

Not to completely derail this thread into a discussion of RT, but seeing as I just love hearing about movies that aren't meant to be -

Just curious what storyline you were going to do or if you were just going to make a general trailer a la the Masters of CG contest recently.  Just so I can cry into my pillow about it.

Steve Green

There were a couple of routes, one was more of a trailer narrated by the Traitor General, except it wasn't revealed as him until the end, just a 'greatest hits' of cool shots.

Also talked about Southers around a 'campfire', tethered to recharging station where their suit filters are cleaned. 'Tales of the GI' kind of thing.

Steve Green

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 20 September, 2014, 10:28:41 PM

Well, we're happy to have Bolt as Kid if he's up for it - it's just going to be a cameo though...

gurnard

nice one, looking forward to it.

Bolt-01

Really? Sweet- let me know more when the time is right.