Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: sheridan on 01 June, 2019, 11:13:36 AM
Prog 35: All Earthmen must die!  Take no prisoners!

Shako ends in a manner inconsistent with the 'no-shooting-or-the-capsule-might-break' constraints from preceding episodes, there's no starscan and I rediscover tags...

The jump straight from harpoon to bazooka is one of my favorite things ever!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 03 June, 2019, 08:03:55 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 01 June, 2019, 11:13:36 AM
Prog 35: All Earthmen must die!  Take no prisoners!

Shako ends in a manner inconsistent with the 'no-shooting-or-the-capsule-might-break' constraints from preceding episodes, there's no starscan and I rediscover tags...

The jump straight from harpoon to bazooka is one of my favorite things ever!

Having been listening to your early podcasts - did you ever get to try shredded wheat?

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: sheridan on 03 June, 2019, 09:23:30 AM
Having been listening to your early podcasts - did you ever get to try shredded wheat?

I appreciate your willingness to listen to those formative shows! I have in fact now sampled by Shreddies AND Weetabix, as well as Sherbet and KP Space Raiders! My quest for the Bigfoot Ice Lolly will sadly probably end up like my quest for Bigfoot himself: In disappointment, with a lot of spoiled milk.
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Dandontdare

ah but how's your stamp collection coming on?  :lol:

sheridan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 03 June, 2019, 06:20:30 PM
ah but how's your stamp collection coming on?  :lol:

I have completed my stamp collection - when I got this one:

sheridan

Prog 38: Killer Rock!

Spoiler warning - the twist on the supercover saga will not surprise anybody!

sheridan

Prog 39: Get it through your thick skull, Earthman... we don't have pointed ears!

I saw one of the pages in this prog at Lawless last month - can't remember which one it was, but it was from The Ape Gang (and had just been bought for an undisclosed amount of money).

sheridan

Prog 40: Secret of the microverse

There's not really any secret in the Supercover Story, and an ending that basic medical precautions could have done something about...

sheridan

Prog 41: Ah-aaarrh! Two more of those juicy Earth-sweets I always enjoy!

Next one's in draft and I may have a busy weekend ahead of me, so there could be a delay until the next update.

sheridan

Yesterday's post was Prog 42: Sorry fellas, but with these odds I'm not sticking around to play games with that stinkin alien...  Dredd goes to the Moon, but due to the Supercover Saga we don't get any pictures of something like that on the cover.

Prog 43: Dial M for Monster - we finally get to the end of the Supercover Saga, so the covers can have something to do with the contents of the prog again!

I'm stealing Space Spinner 2000's idea of including details of where you can read these stories if you don't have the original progs and Mega-City Book Club's idea of grail pages for each prog.  Concepts stolen without permission!

SpaceSpinner2000

J. Clough is a Mike Dorey pseudonym, in the Invasion collection it's credited "Mike Dorey as J. Clough"

Always happy to inspire a slogger, keep up the great work!

sheridan

Thanks Conrad - I'll update the wiki!

I'm going to continue (to attempt) to update daily, scheduling the posts for 11 (GMT) or 12 (BST) each day, but I'll probably only update this thread at weekends.

Prog 44: Too late, Judge Dwedd *sob* this is our last Christmas!

sheridan

SpaceSpinner2000

I love that prog 46 cover, all the enemies of the Star Slayers, strapped to stars orbiting their home planet! Great scifi stuff!