Main Menu

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Started by Goaty, 02 November, 2009, 04:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

QuoteI agree with Radiator on the SP. The best thing about previous IW CoDs was the sense of camaraderie and the relatively sombre atmosphere, but there's none of that here. They almost get it right during the Rangers levels but it's just a bit *too* silly and not silly enough at the same time.

MP is well worth the price of admission however.

I lament the fact that the online component dominates most FPses nowadays. I don't think some developers comprehend that some people (like me) simply don't like online deathmatch-style games. It seems these days that is where most of the effort or budget goes, with the single-player cobbled together almost as an afterthought - even ODST was something of a disappointment in this respect.

I think my issue with most online FPSes is that they're too structured, too hectic, and too much like team sport (yawn), if you know what I mean. What I'm waiting for is something that replicates the feeling of a good singleplayer FPS, that sensation of being dropped into the midst of an large scale battle - not just endlessly circle-strafing identical respawning clones in an overcrowded, boring, symmetrical arena.

I'm sure that game will one day be made and I'll be converted.

mogzilla

Quote from: Pete Wells on 14 November, 2009, 07:50:54 PM
If you go to the mission selection after completing the game you can choose to run around the [spoiler]museum from the credits, shooting all the soldier exhibits.[/spoiler] A bit pointless but it looks pretty and offers a few minutes fun.

love that "level" handy to try before you buy the weapons if you press the bell in each of the exhibit rooms the soldiers come to life and come after you!

Dan Kelly

I have a suggestion for a clan tag for those of us here - [abc]

Roger Godpleton

I knifed some guy's sentry gun and then I knifed him seconds later. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!