Main Menu

Obliv oh bollocks I'm dead again...

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 04 March, 2014, 02:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I remember I stopped playing this game because my character was too weak to continue with the main quest which involved him entering through the Oblivion gate in one of the towns. Some of the critters were just too powerful to fight as my character was.

So he left that place and went to Anvil and joined the Fighters Guild and was then sent on a another quest to visit and do something at all of these shrines all over the map.

Anyway....I stopped playing it since then and stopped playing Skyrim when my Nord Warrior character brought his first his first home in Whiterun and my second character a Khajitt, Rogue still can't beat his second dragon encounter at that outpost tower near Whiterun where he is supposed to suddenly discover he is one of the Dragon-Born.

I'm having a lot of fun playing ESO on and off.......my first character Gank-Me-Swiftly (I'm now hating that name and wish I could change it...) a Khajitt, Shadow-Blade at about 11 or 12th level. I think I had him as one of the Dominion.

Heysus Chreast, (Yes, I based this character on a famous biblical figure and figure I might get away with it if I just use him as a healer.) a Redguard Templar also with the Dominion. Which is probably a mistake. Sort of like putting Jesus Christ on the same side with the Romans.
I think he is just fourth level.

Master-Of-Flames a third or fourth level Argonian, Sorceror with the EbonHeart Pact and he started in a place close toSkyrim, unlike the other two ...who both started and are still in the same place much further south where the whole wilderness ares in between  the villages and towns makes them look like fairies they wandering through a gigantic garden setting.......

Horses are dear in this game.

jackstarr

QuoteHorses are dear in this game.
Not if you have the Imperial Edition of the game - my Imperial white horse cost just 1 gold :)

I'm not playing TESO at the moment - may go back to it at some stage but couldn't get into the game properly and now don't have the time to justify the monthly subscription.

ThryllSeekyr

NO, I didn't get that version.....The Imperial Edition.... thats just too dear for game. I think they oughta lower the price for purchasing horse pretty soon or everybody that didn't get the Imperial Edition are going to be just running around.

jackstarr

QuoteNO, I didn't get that version.....The Imperial Edition.... thats just too dear for game
To be honest, the only reason I bought it was because the physical retail edition came with a Molag Bal statue, which sits nicely on my shelf alongside the Alduin statue from the collectors edition of Skyrim.

The Doctor Alt 8

I have GOT to find some quest complete codes that I can get to work...

I have gone on the disappearances at swampy cave quest for the fighters guild. I have killed all the trolls responsible ( as well as the will o the whisps) but dispite going through the entire cave complex three times and yet it still thinks that there are more trolls in there. There isn't. I even waited two days, returned to the cave and still no more trolls. Aaaagh.

The Doctor Alt 8

So I finnished the main quest for Shivering isles.....

I hope that I can return to the ordinary world of Cyradil when I want. Got some lovely gowns ! Sheavors purple and  gold  number is especially wonderful!

At a bit of a lose end now as there are A number of quests that I have finnished but aren't recognized as such.... Which means that I am  stuck at my current level in the fighters guild and am struggling to get e ough Ex. Points to reach level 45 And I. can't get either blacksmith to make magical armour dispite the fact that I have collected a large number of amber / madness matrix's and materials...

jackstarr

So I finnished the main quest for Shivering isles.....
Have a fishy stick.

Quotestruggling to get e ough Ex. Points to reach level 45
The unmodded version of Oblivion has a soft level cap of about that level - you can push it to 50 or so depending on your skills, but level 45 sounds like you've pretty much done what you can with that character, and levelling further gets increasingly pointless as without player-character levelling mods and creature mods the combat just gets boring.

QuoteI. can't get either blacksmith to make magical armour dispite the fact that I have collected a large number of amber / madness matrix's and materials...
Are you sure you have the right combination of matrix and materials for the armour you're trying to make?

How did you get on with Midas Magic?

The Doctor Alt 8

well i have LOTs of amber... Lots of Madness matrix ore.
and over half a dozen of each matrix...

But the subject of actually commissioning an item dose not come up...

Admittedly I whimped out of trying to install Midas Magic. IF there is an equivalent mod in Skyrim I might have a go when I get to my friends PC ....