Main Menu

HIVEMIND: Finally having a Wii

Started by TordelBack, 15 May, 2011, 10:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Huzzah, Mogzilla's kind gift of Gamecube Rogue Leader arrived today!  It was all I could do not to hug it to my crotch and dance around the hall to an acapella version of Cameo's Word Up!, but unfortunately I'd asked him to send it to my work address and that sort of thing can get a man in trouble.

Now all I have to do is get the Gamecube controller in the door and I can die happy.

mogzilla

glad it arrived safely old bean ;)

watch that final level i only ever finished it once with cheats and even then its bleeding hardcore!

Spaceghost

Quote from: mogzilla on 23 May, 2011, 06:25:25 PM
watch that final level i only ever finished it once with cheats and even then its bleeding hardcore!

Use the force...I managed to finish the whole game (bar a couple of hidden levels) with a 'gold' rating and unlocked all the secret ships, some of which are; the Millenium Falcon, a TIE Fighter, Slave 1, a Naboo Fighter and Vader's TIE Fighter.

I played the game to death and loved every minute of it. Stick to the 'in-cockpit' view for extra hardcore Star Wars-ness. The best level is the Battle of Endor. TIE Fighters everywhere, Star Destroyers firing at you, IT'S A TRAP! Then into the Death Star for some high speed tunnel chase action. Brilliant.

I should point out that I was unemployed at the time and had too much time on my hands.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

JamesC

Yeah Rogue Leader is awesome. Concentrate fire on gun turrets and sheild generators on the last level!

This is the only game I ever bought one of those guide books for. It was awesome - gave locations for loads of secret upgrades and stuff. The heat seeking missiles are a godsend!

Rebel Strike, the sequel, was a big dissappointment. Some levels are good - the AT STs for example but the training on Dagoba was just awful.

radiator

Remember being blown away by the graphics on Rogue Leader at the time.

Yeah Rebel Strike was a stinker. Some OK levels but what on Earth possessed them to include the atrocious on-foot sections?!!?

The Big Man

The graphics on Rogue Leader still look great even now. I still play it from time to time. Rebel Strike does have the redeeming feature of having the arcade versions of the original trilogy's games. They're feckin' hard though.
"Is there a problem here ?"

The Big Man

My wee boy was given Horrid Henry : Missions Of Mischief on the Wii for his birthday, it has to be one of the most cheaply-made, shoddiest cash-ins ever. It plays and sounds like a Spectrum game, there's no voice acting just text and static pics which tell you what to do in the following level. The music sounds like it was composed 20+ years ago, the graphics are flat and there's no attempt to make use of the Wii remote, which is relegated to being turned sideways and used like a NES controller. The whole thing is a throwback to the days when programmers could knock together a game in their bedroom in no time. The publisher was the one responsible for the Wii and DS Doctor Who games which were universally panned. If your sprog asks you for this game, tell them noooooo way ! There are 2G mobile phone games better than this and cheaper too.  >:(
"Is there a problem here ?"