Main Menu

Marvel Superheroes hit Netflix

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 28 May, 2014, 04:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Daredevil just on Netflix now, been watch opening scene, on my coffee break, so good so far.

[spoiler]So this Daredevil's actions on his hearing, than sonar in the film. [/spoiler]

Buttonman

3 episodes in and I'm enjoying it.

Familiar faces like Foggy, Karen, Ben Urich and Turk all have appeared although the Kingpin and the red suit are, so, far under wraps. All the action has been well choreographed fights but it zips along and acting and script are crisp.

Will be in for the duration!

Buttonman

Kingpin in at the end of episode 3 and dominates episode 4. Nice to see some other characters from the Miller era either named or in person - [spoiler]Wesley, Vanessa and 'Mr Potter' - the Gladiator turned tailor.[/spoiler]

Colin YNWA

How quickly is this being released on Netflix? The first episode only seemed to be a wee bit ago, is it a new episode every week?

Goaty

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 10 April, 2015, 05:07:13 PM
How quickly is this being released on Netflix?

The entire series (13 episodes) available straight away.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Colin YNWA

Oh right so they drop the lot in one go! Didn't release that. So full costume pictures must be out there... to the internet...

Goaty

Busy weekend with missus, just finally watch 1st episode, that was good!

Mardroid

I started watching the first episode. Had to pull the curtains so I can see the picture properly due to sunlight reflection on dark visuals.

Then the missus of my household (in this case not MY missus. Thank goodness,) popped her head in the room and exclaimed "Oh god!" Translation: she wants the living room but seeing the room is dark, and I'm watching something she thinks I've settled in and her plans have scuppered.

I could have just stayed there but so as to not foster bad feeling in the household I switched it all off, opened the curtains again and went upstairs to do something else I'd planned for a while*.

Not a big deal but I'm thinking of getting a TV for my room or I could move the one in the living room (which belongs to me) up there but again with the bad feeling. I could watch it on my tablet but it tends to be a bit fuzzy, (although it does improve) but we'll see.

Oh, on Netflix, there's a picture of Daredevil [spoiler]in what appears to be the full red costume. At least it's a dark reddish colour and sports horns which he doesn't appear to be wearing in the first costumed scene of the first episode, so it looks like you guys are right - he will upgrade later.

It's a dark red, but if we're going the realism route, that makes sense for stealth purposes. The bright yellow or red of the comics never quite made sense for someone who relies on surprise and ambush, although it does make a statement. Much like Batman's bright yellow utility belt on an otherwise grey/black costume... altough it does look cool.
[/spoiler]

*Namely ripping a bunch of CDs so I can listen to them on my phone and MP3 player alarm clock.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I've only watched the first two episodes of Daredevil, but I think it might be my favourite Marvel live action thing by quite a margin. Even better than Roger Corman's Fantastic Four.
You may quote me on that.

Buttonman

All done! Thought that was excellent and it's a shame I've binged as it will be at least a year before any more.

Couple of surprises and not necessarily good ones.

[spoiler]Foggy knowing Matt's secret identity saves them having a lot of scenes where he's making excuses to run out for emergencies, but it certainly changes the dynamic.[/spoiler]

Also seemed a waste[spoiler] to kill off Ben Urich who must have had plenty of mileage as the go to journalist. [/spoiler]I was also sad [spoiler]to see Wesley die - he was only a minor character in 'Born Again' but he was good in this as the weasely fixer.[/spoiler]

Also strange [spoiler]the costume only appeared with 10 minutes to go in the last episode. Quite a departure from the comics but the black elements certainty seem more practical in the 'real' world.[/spoiler]

Theblazeuk

Quote from: King Pops on 12 April, 2015, 06:21:58 PM
I've only watched the first two episodes of Daredevil, but I think it might be my favourite Marvel live action thing by quite a margin.

Agreed! Though Blade nudges it out.

Goaty

Episode 2 was excellent, and that scene so simple to [spoiler]Oldboy's famous hammer fight scene. [/spoiler]

Goaty

Well some non-surprise news, Daredevil been renewed for Season 2.

Mardroid

Quote from: Goaty on 22 April, 2015, 09:33:03 AM
Well some non-surprise news, Daredevil been renewed for Season 2.

A nice surprise for me at least.

There have been many series I've liked that went the way of the dodo.

(I have a silly image now of a superhero in a fat bird costume. What a rubbish superhero that would be...)