Main Menu

"...and have an A-1 day."

Started by Graff Vynda K, 30 August, 2013, 12:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graff Vynda K

Anyone follow Breaking Bad here? Edge of the seat for the final 5 episodes?

IF NOT go right now to your favourite media purveyor and binge watch this show. *spoilers* You will NOT BE disappointed!

COMMANDO FORCES

Graff Vynda K

It's drokking awe-inspiring.
Nothing else like it on TV. Plotted like a motherf***er and superbly acted. Chilling, jaw-droppingly violent and hilarious in equal measure.

COMMANDO FORCES

I have heard such tales about it.

Colin YNWA

My wife and I have just finished series 1 and waiting series 2 to start turning up from our online DVD rental thingie. It really is fantastic.

Steve Green

It is great.

When people described it to me, I thought it sounded awful - but it's bleakly funny, well written, stunningly acted and beautifully shot.

It has enough gruesome deaths to keep you happy as well, CF.

radiator

QuoteMy wife and I have just finished series 1 and waiting series 2 to start turning up from our online DVD rental thingie.

It is all on Netfilx. That alone makes the £6 per month worth it. No more waiting around.

Love the show - it sometimes teeters on the line of being ridiculously far-fetched, and often seems like an insane exercise in very skilled writers writing themselves out of corners week in week out. It really is quite incredible, and often unbearably tense.

Me and my girlfriend dressed up as Walt and Jessie for Halloween last year, and we're actually planning to have a party on the night of the final episode - we're gonna have fried chicken and make some of this too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrjPiT0lT_E

Graff Vynda K

Me and my girlfriend dressed up as Walt and Jessie for Halloween last year, and we're actually planning to have a party on the night of the final episode - we're gonna have fried chicken and make some of this too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrjPiT0lT_E
[/quote]

How about some of that guac?

Frank

Quote from: radiator on 30 August, 2013, 11:38:14 AM
It is all on Netfilx. That alone makes the £6 per month worth it. No more waiting around.

Aye, I'm not sure I would have stuck with Breaking Bad if I hadn't been able to watch it all in a oner on Netflix. I watched the first couple when they appeared on Channel Five but couldn't be bothered with the rest of the series, and I've drifted away from shows like Deadwood on terrestrial television when they had the same mid-season lulls any other US show experiences, as the writers mark time before the next major plot development.

I'm planning to wait until there's only a few episodes of the final season of Breaking Bad left then gorge on them over the course of a 1 month Netflix free trial. My previous experience of the UK version of Netflix lead me to believe they didn't have much of a selection of titles, and you can't beat the ability to get absolutely anything ever released on DVD from Lovefilm.

Steve Green

Not long to wait, there's only 5 episodes left, in orbit every Monday (I think) on Netflix.

I'm the same - I came to Breaking Bad about 3 seasons, and watched them all via Netflix - the selection's not great compared to the US, but there's still more than I can comfortably get through.

Frank

Quote from: Steve Green on 30 August, 2013, 02:26:01 PM
Not long to wait, there's only 5 episodes left, in orbit every Monday (I think) on Netflix. I'm the same - I came to Breaking Bad about 3 seasons, and watched them all via Netflix - the selection's not great compared to the US, but there's still more than I can comfortably get through.

I don't watch a ton of stuff myself, Steve, but the noticeable absence of some big films and TV shows from their UK catalogue annoyed me. Apparently it's quite easy to access the more varied US catalogue, but that would mean watching big screen blockbusters on my wee computer - which seems to be missing the point. I'm not sure [spoiler]the death of Mike Ehrmantraut, one of the greatest characters on telly[/spoiler], would have had the same impact on the world's shittest laptop.

Steve Green

Apparently it is possible to access it on a Xbox and the like as well, but I've never been that bothered to circumvent things.

It would be great if they manage to loosen Sky's stranglehold on broadcast rights over here, although it seems unlikely.

Buttonman

You watch all you want - I'm off to the ABQ next week! Me eating at POLLOS, the hotdog stand and the waffle househ will follow shortly! Possibly also in Saul's break room, negotiations to be finalised.

Pete Wells

Me and the Missus got to the end of Season 3 last night. Walt just gets cooler and cooler...

Buttonman

Lucky man Pete - the wait between season 3 ending and four starting was torture! You newbies got it easy!