Main Menu

New Poll: How much do you love or hate David Bowie? Please tick all that apply.

Started by 2000AD Online, 10 November, 2004, 05:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Richmond Clements

Leigh S

Hey! Wheres the "He let himself down by moving to Glam"?

First three albums are genius - Ziggys OKish, if over-rated and a drop from the quality of the previous - law of diminishing returns thereafter with the odd splash of brilliance

wrighty47

All albums up to 1974 are classics. I Hated Young Americans! He returned to form over the next few albums, peaking with Scary Monsters, then faded into the aging once-classic star that's capable of the odd quality track.

He'll always be one of Britain's greatest imho!

Alan!

shane05

What about his classic stint in Labyrinth? Or scene stealing cameo in Zoolander? Wots all dis about 'is singin then? :)

oh yeah: guv'na

Quirkafleeg

It was all downhill after Laughing Gnome

House of Usher

Oh, I think it went uphill again after that.

:)
STRIKE !!!

Bico

NONE of the lasses on the board fancy him?  What's up with that?

Max Kon

esoteric ed

Love him or hate him, there's no escaping the fact that Mr Jones is a musical legend, he's outlived so many acts throughout the years and although imho his recent albums are weak, the great man has delivered some classic albums in his timeon this rock.

I was weened on his early 70's albums and agree with Alan that he peaked with the Scary Monsters album.

Fave album? "Aladdin Sane" :-)

Speaking of Bowie, I saw Ian McCullough from the Bunnymen singing "Heroes" live last night here in the Pool.

Ed

Floyd-the-k

I loved the first changes album (I think, his first `best hits` album). Scary Monsters was terrific as was `Heroes` (although, am I the only person who found the title track pretty boring?)
  Julie Burchill described his credibility pretty well in an essay called `better cred than dead` (available in the collection `love it or shove it`). In it, she explains various rules of credibility for singers, one of which is that once you lose your cred you never get it back. The exception to this is David Bowie, who is always cool.
 I think that`s pretty true. `Let`s Dance` was bloody awful but he came back

The Monarch

Um I think you can guess my dad was a fun when i say that my full name is David Bowie page

Wils

Aieee! Burchill fan!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/hamaliel/don_snatch.jpg">

Dudley

Now be fair, Floyd hasn't actually said he's a fan.

Then again, he DID quote J*l** B*rch*ll...

BURN THE WARLOCK!http://www.reelmoviefx.com/Halloween_Michael_Burn_07_650x365.JPG">

Max Kon