Main Menu

New Poll: How much do you love or hate David Bowie? Please tick all that apply.

Started by 2000AD Online, 10 November, 2004, 05:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wils

Tsk! Hone your comedy skills, Max. *Hone* them.

"For Sale: Burning Torches. Get 'em while they're hot!"

;)

Max Kon

Gsoline for sale. Get it while it is in lquid form.

how's that? not funny? damn

Floyd-the-k

I`m an ex-Burchill fan. Do I still have to burn? She`s been crap for a long time now. Anyway, as a non-English person, I`m protected from her worst excesses by distance.

yours flammably,

Floyd

Quirkafleeg

Burchill was good, and occasionaly totally excellent... but she went off and when every column in the Guardian seemed to a variation on 'Why have they made Brighton a city?!' I was glad she left

Floyd-the-k

there you are, I never got to read her Guardian column. Just the occasional book review. In fact, I started buying the Spectator because she was in it.
 As for David Bowie...nobody has mentioned The Man Who Fell To Earth, which was pretty good as I remember it.

yours hoping they don`t burn Spectator readers around these parts

Link: http://www.mtbireland.com/dodge.html" target="_blank">I wonder if David Bowie plays this?

Tweak72

Absolute Beginners? Absolute Bollox more like
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

sixmo

Wils,

Regarding your picture of Donald Sutherland above. Do you (or anyone else) have a copy of the sound he is making at this point in the movie?

I've been trying to track down this particular noise on the Interweb for a good while now, with no success.

(Dear Reader, If you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't try to figure it out, lest ye be spolit!)

Also, in a shock on topic move, I only have the most recent best of album of Mr. Bowie's. The tracks on it are flippin' aces, but "best ofs" are not the same as a proper coherent album, so,  by extrapolation only, I declare him very great indeed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/hamaliel/don_snatch.jpg">

Max Kon

I've got best of bowie too. There are some great tracks on there. And it was only 7 quid in hmv

Queen Firey-Bou

ahhhh in the bliss of the secluded mud-hut in the northern rad-lands... i havent a clue who birchil is.... but ive heard leslie riddoch a few times, she kicks ass.

House of Usher

Julie Burchill's fave theme: 'Why have they made Brighton a city?!'

- probably because in recent years it has become a magnet for arts + media slags, and the council decided that being a town wasn't good enough for them.

I pronounce her a st**pid b*-atch.
STRIKE !!!

SilvaShado

When I was younger, I swooned over David Bowie in Labyrinth.  My fiance can't stand David Bowie so I don't get to watch Labrynth very much anymore, but then I've got my fiance to swoon over. ;)

I've never gotten any of Bowie's albums so I don't really know how good of a singer he is beyond what I heard in Labyrinth and maybe an occasional song on the radio since I listen to the all 80's station.