Main Menu

Three Winter Warmers to Keep your Thrill Circuits Toasty

Started by 2000AD Online, 19 October, 2005, 07:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

This November give yourself a rosy glow with our new range of Graphic Novels.

Nikolai Dante: The Courtship of Jena Makarov

Robbie Morrison, Simon Fraser, Charlie Adlard and John Burns

144 pp

?11.99

Paperback

Year of the Tsar 2668 AD and the sound of wedding bells is in the air. Jena Makarov, the daughter of Tsar Vladimir the Conqueror, is betrothed to Mikhail Deriabin, media tyrant and patriarch of the House of Bolshoi. Nikolai Dante is less than happy with the announcement.

Now, assigned to be Jena?s bodyguard, Dante has to protect her from more than his own passions as those who would seek to bring about war set their sights on Russia?s fairest?

Written by Robbie Morrison (The Authority) with art by Charlie Adlard (The Walking Dead), John Burns (The Bendatti Vendetta), and Simon Fraser (Richard Matheson?s Hell House), this is the third book continuing the adventures of Russia?s greatest love machine!

Judge Dredd: Total War

John Wagner, Colin MacNeil, Henry Flint and Jason Brashill

144pp

?11.99

Paperback

In the Grand Hall of Justice a chilling ultimatum is issued to the Judges: Remove yourselves from power or face the consequences. Somewhere in Mega-City One the terrorist organisation Total War have planted two hundred thermonuclear devices and as long as the Judges stay in charge they will detonate them one by one.

Total War is an explosive epic from Judge Dredd co-creator John Wagner (A History of Violence) with art from Colin MacNeil (Devlin Waugh), Henry Flint (Judge Dredd Vs Aliens) and Jason Brashill (Shaun of the Dead).

Red Seas: Under The Banner of King Death

Ian Edginton and Steve Yeowell

80pp

?9.99

Hardback

When pirate captain Jack Dancer and the crew of The Red Wench raid a Spanish Galleon they little realise that within their plunder lies the missing chapter of a feared occult tome listing the nine million names of God. Dr Orlando Doyle, a fearsome sorcerer, has the rest of the book and together with his zombie crew he plans to retrieve the missing piece of this infernal puzzle. Using any means at his disposal he intends to utilise the dreaded book in a devilish deal to bring about the downfall of creation itself!

Written by Ian Edginton (Scarlet Traces, Richard Matheson?s Hell House) and illustrated by Steve Yeowell (Zenith, The Invisibles) The Red Seas is an irreverent take on the pirate yarn spiced with full-blooded horror.

Link: Tharg's Newsround

The Amstor Computer

Hm. Can't say I'm particularly fond of the new Dante logo. I think I can see what was being aimed for - the feel of the old, dynamic pulp fiction titles - but I don't think it's that successful. I'm glad Si Fraser's gorgeous reworking of his Dante title page is still the cover, though.

Can we assume - going by this and the third Rogue Trooper book - that all of the ongoing series started under the DC deal will have their logos redesigned, along with the retooling of the cover layout?

I like the new Red Seas cover, even if - again! - I think the execution of the logo is a bit naff (drop shadow? Lovely :-) )

Jon - if you're reading this thread, can you say when the books due for October are actually going to turn up? They don't seem to be available in the Future Shop, and Amazon is listing them as available within 1-2 weeks. Have they shipped yet? Thanks in advance.

Wake

I asked Jon about the October books earlier today and he told me that they should be in any day now.

Cheers,

Wake

Wils

along with the retooling of the cover layout?

Has there been any news about if the spines are changing as well with the new books? It's going to look *really* shit if subsequent Rogue and Robo-Hunter books on my book shelf change format *completely*.

The Amstor Computer

Excellent - cheers for the news, Wake.

BTW, for anyone too lazy to click through, here are the big cover pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/buttonman/courtship.jpg">

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/buttonman/redseasnew.jpg">

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/buttonman/totalwarnew.jpg">

The Amstor Computer

Wils --

No-one's said yet. Given the changes to the cover layout and the new logos, I'm simply assuming that the spines will be reworked as well. If they're kept the same, all well & good.

Trout

Gorgeous covers, especially the Yeowell one!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Jonathan O

Hello
Yes, the October books should be due in any day now. I've seen the advanced copies already and they are looking good. We've gone for a nice matt finish on the paperback covers which really does make them look classy.

Cheers

Jon

The Adventurer

But what about the Spines man?

The SPINES!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Noisybast

I've just had a look, and Amazon are now taking preorders for these:

Judge Dredd: Total War ?8.39

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1904265685/qid%3D1129739511/026-7321427-4642008">Red Seas: Under The Banner of King Death ?7.69
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Jonathan O

The spines on the hardbacks are pretty much the same as they have always been. On the paperbacks there is a slight change in that the spines are now black with coloured text.

Grant Goggans

*facepalm

Nobody wanted the spines of the paperbacks changed.  We liked them "rainbow," they looked good on the shelf.

--Grant

Dudley

J0l1 -

Have you destruct-tested them personally?  I'm not buying anything that hasn't been destruct-tested...

The Adventurer

The spines on the hardbacks are pretty much the same as they have always been. On the paperbacks there is a slight change in that the spines are now black with coloured text.

*Bangs head on the desk*

Nothing bothers me more then a noticeable Tradedress change mid stride through a series.

But then I'm anal about Uniformity.

Not going to stop me from buying them of course, just bugs the heck out of me.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK