Main Menu

St. Patrick's Day T-shirts

Started by 2000AD Online, 13 February, 2008, 02:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Each year, on 17th March, it seems every drokker and his robo-dog has some ancestral connection to the Emerald Isle. The Mighty Tharg would like to enrich your Celtic festivities this year by offering you this fine St Patrick's Day stout-cloth!

At only £13.00 this zarjaz new T-shirt features the scrotnig artwork of top art-droid Steve Dillon.  These are strictly limited and only on sale from www.2000adshop.com  and various Forbidden Planet International outlets, so be sure to pick one up today to avoid disappointment.

SPLUNDIG VUR THRIGG!

Link: Tharg's Newsround

Trout

Haw! That's utterly hatstand but somehow brilliant!

WoD

OK...and for England, Scotland and Wales???

DavidXBrunt

Absolutley. Where's the St. Georges Day shirt?

Though seeing James Nesbitt so discomfited on Never Mind the Buzzcocks was a highlight of the year so far for me.

WoD

I thought it was weird that he actually went on the show...great, but weird.

Buttonman

Not my colour but great targeted marketing. Some of those Cal-Hab mutant bams for Burn's/St Andrew's days please.

BTW Tharg I know you want the link clicked but would a wee phoatie on the announcement page hurt so much?

look I'll do it...

http://www.2000adonline.com/images/artwork/patrick1_medium.jpg">

SamuelAWilkinson

Love the shirt, despite my lack of any Emerald Isle ancestry whatsoever.

No chance of one for a famous judge from England, Scotland and Wales, then? Armitage, yer Cal-hab Justice fellah and, erm...

Has there ever been a Welsh judge?
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

johnnystress

That's great!

Do I get a Paddy/Mick/Potato muncher/Bog Trotter discount?

Keef Monkey

A calhab one would be awesome, I'd definately pick one up. This one's still pretty nice though.

the shutdown man

You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Trout

Has there ever been a Welsh judge?

I hope to Christ there hasn't! No disrespect to the Welsh, but the idea of the (unofficial RPG sourcebook) Viking judges almost gave me a heart attack and I suspect a judge with a dragon/leek motif would kill me.

Mind you, I'd buy a Jockish shirt, but put Kenny Who? on it, not a Cal-Hab judge!

- Trout

TordelBack

The Welsh can already claim the greatest 2000AD superhero of them all, what do they need a Judge for too?

Peter Wolf

Apparently it is very commonplace to have irish ancestry somewhere.

I dont have any claims to Irishness but i like the T shirt.Good shade of green and good design.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

philt

Loathsome, stereotypical paddywhackery of the highest order, designed to appeal to people whose definition of Irishness extends no further than their local franchised "orish pub", drinking green Guinness once a year and drunkenly singing along to The Pogues.

Count me out.

WoD

My lame idea for the Welsh Judges...

My idea is a completely seperate city where the majority of the people live underground and (some of) the judges fly around on the back of dragons with whom they share psi-pyro-technic abilities.

The land is seperated from brit-cit by a wall of fire that runs down the line of the old severn river. The fire started as a result of the various dumped waste and nuclear wars, but is now (secretely) maintained by the welsh judges as in a 'cooler' form of the megs big walls.

There is a constant threat to the populace from the Pwwca (pronounced Pucca, as in Pwwca-Trywen) who tend to live in and around the old slate mines in North Wales, but are making bolder attacks on the various city blocks.

After the next major disaster in the big meg the meg-jugdes decide that they need to expand the living spaces below ground and send a technical-diplomatic team to wales-cit (Cymru-Cit) to learn about their advanced mining technology. But the real reason is to try and find out more about the surmised sybiotic relationship that some of the judges have with the dragons. (this is after a spate of suspicious fire-related incidents in the meg (a result of a criminal element from cymru-cit who have managed to replicate a form of the psi-pyro ability)).

This all links up with a major attack from the Pwwca that could have a major affect on not just cymru-cit's future but that of the world as well. And it just so happens that JD is on hand to work alongside a Cymru Judge or two to save the world (and they all live happily ever after).

Or something like that anyway....