Main Menu

St. Patrick's Day T-shirts

Started by 2000AD Online, 13 February, 2008, 02:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

My Mum's Irish, but I've never celebrated St Patrick's Day.

As for the Welsh.

How about an All-female Judge force with these helmets?http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/ladylever/collections/graphics/large/salem_large.jpg">

TordelBack

Loathsome, stereotypical paddywhackery of the highest order, designed to appeal to people whose definition of Irishness extends no further than their local franchised "orish pub", drinking green Guinness once a year and drunkenly singing along to The Pogues.

Well, yeah - that's pretty much exactly what The Emerald Isle story was about (insofar as it was about anything other than Garth Ennis having a laugh).  Still a nice T-shirt, surely?

WoD

They'd be unstoppable...there's not many people who would dare to go up against a Welsh Women if she was in full flow!

Peter Wolf

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122/peterwolf_album/?action=view¤t=dept56-2.jpg" target="_blank">http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z122/peterwolf_album/dept56-2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

That barman is serving fecking Harp.  It's a cultural outrage.

ThryllSeekyr

I'm alittle surpised that Slaine hasn't been incorporated into the design or is he just the wrong type of Celt.

Like I understand that he and Saint Paddy may not see eye to eye.

Of course the some art work taken from the Swann Children story might have ben very fitting.

Buddy

I quite like that.. I might treat myself to one!

And I've NEVER had a green guinness, never even seen one!

JOE SOAP

Since when was McKenzie an Irish name?

Nice t-shirt though.

Jim_Campbell

"Loathsome, stereotypical paddywhackery of the highest order"

Spud Gun to "Chips"!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Peter Wolf

What is it with Irish Theme pubs?

Does all this Irish theme pub business grate a bit with you Irish here ?
 Would any of the Irish here actually choose to drink in one of those places ?

I wouldnt thats for sure.

You never get Welsh ,english or Scottish pubs yet there are irish theme pubs everywhere.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

Does all this Irish theme pub business grate a bit with you Irish here ?
Would any of the Irish here actually choose to drink in one of those places ?

For myself:  no.  And no.

Noisybast

"You never get Welsh ,english or Scottish pubs yet there are irish theme pubs everywhere"

Yes you do. We call them "pubs".
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

philt

Yes - all those signs telling us that we're 60 miles from Galway, Céad Míle Fáilte over the bar,menus printed in a pseudo celtic script, offering us such "traditional" Orish fayre as fajitas and hamburgers... O'Briens Irish sandwich shops are as bad. I was told that they didn't sell filled soda's as they "weren't irish" but that I could buy a Shambo(tm) which was a  shamrock shaped focaccia. It. Makes. Me. Want. To. Scream.

As for drinking in Irish bars? Yes I do, but only whnen I'm back home in Belfast.

Trout

I've seen Scottish-themed (and British-themed) pubs in Canada and they're pretty funny.

Tartan and/or Union Jacks everywhere, and nachos on the menu.

- Trout

Dunk!

I experienced an English theme pub in Tokyo. It was eerily accurate. From neon Tokyo outside to low timber beams, horse brasses on the walls, a roaring fire and a barmaid you kept calling me "Lurve". The beer was warm pish too. Spot on.
"Trust we"