Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 01 July, 2012, 04:39:09 PM
Spray-on batteries: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/researchers-unveil-spray-battery

Cheers, Otter. Advances like this are the incremental steps that take us towards the point described by Arthur C Clarke, where technology is sufficiently advanced that it appears to be magic:

VIDEO

JOE SOAP

Dandontdare

So they finally found the Higgs Boson. Apparently it was down the back of the CERN sofa all along, though several boffins maintain they already looked there.

Funniest aspect of this was that the press release was apparently written in Comic Sans - I can hear Jim Campbell spontaneously combusting as I type!

Ancient Otter

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Dandontdare on 05 July, 2012, 05:02:41 PM
So they finally found the Higgs Boson. Apparently it was down the back of the CERN sofa all along, though several boffins maintain they already looked there.

Funniest aspect of this was that the press release was apparently written in Comic Sans - I can hear Jim Campbell spontaneously combusting as I type!

Yet the following day all everyone at the comics shop wanted to talk about was the Spider-fucking-man film.

Geeks just aren't what they used to be.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

TordelBack

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 09 July, 2012, 04:56:39 AMYet the following day all everyone at the comics shop wanted to talk about was the Spider-fucking-man film.

What a shower of muons.

Frank

... because it scares Radio Four listeners so much that any science show they do has to invite prominent figures from the arts on to reassure listeners it won't get too science-y. This week's Infinite Monkey Cage features comic behemoth Anal Moore, fearfully discussing symmetry, serial killers, and why he spends his evenings poring over a copy of The Gates Of Janus with a mirror.

The information that the Moore/Gebbie household possesses such a thing as a mirror beggars belief:

WONKY LEFT OYE

JOE SOAP

von Boom

Where is the Vagitexture™ grip module? This is typical of big business. Give you one piece and then make you wait for the next critical component. I think I'll wait to order this one. ;)

TordelBack

Could this be the end of the Age of Steam?  Are devotees of the Gauntlet to be reduced to regional museums and overpriced annual outings?

SmallBlueThing

Jesus, and here i am sitting looking at literally nineteen boxes of steam-powered wanking gauntlets that i hoped to sell through poundland. Ive got a meeting arranged for tomorrow, and hoped that by monday the whole town would be full of wanking chavs and increased humidity.

And now this! This thread should be renamed 'science is drokking shit'.

SBT

Definitely Not Mister Pops

So the Mars Curiosity Rover landed successfully.

What a waste of money.

What do they think they're doing giving money to intelligent people? This money could have been spent on banking bonuses, or making another reality TV show.
You may quote me on that.

Banners

von Boom

Quote from: pops1983 on 06 August, 2012, 11:53:53 AM
So the Mars Curiosity Rover landed successfully.

What a waste of money.

What do they think they're doing giving money to intelligent people? This money could have been spent on banking bonuses, or making another reality TV show.

Don't worry. This mission was funded by the scientists collecting and returning pop bottles, plastic containers, and old newspapers found up and down the Florida coasts. Thank god for careless tourists throwing away their refundable items.

Be assured no bankers were harmed in the completion of this mission.