Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

The Up Goer Five:

An explanation of the Saturn V moon rocket that only uses the 1000 most commonly used English words.

You may quote me on that.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Pops on 19 January, 2013, 04:30:39 PM
The Up Goer Five:

An explanation of the Saturn V moon rocket that only uses the 1000 most commonly used English words.

Seriously though, that is the most beautiful man made object ever. It makes me proud to be a human.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Isn't it though?

I had the pleasure of seeing her in the flesh over Christmas.

I love this description. It's like Dr Seuss or somesuch.
You may quote me on that.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Zarjazzer

Quote from: vzzbux on 04 February, 2013, 07:49:36 PM
Leicester put back on the map.
King Richard III remains confirmed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-21063882

V

I really feel enthused by this story it has everything I like some bloody history and science a merging and there he is! One of the lost, dead (butchered) Kings.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Frank

They stabbed him in the arse, which seems unnecessary. The folk who made the discovery are promising to tell us what kind of food Richard III ate; they've verified that his closest living relative is a Canadian carpenter; and they've revealed that he suffered from scoliosis, so Shakespear's portrayal of him as a hunchback was Tudor propaganda. Science is fantastic.

Mardroid

Interesting stuff. I'm watching the documentary Richard III: The King in the Car Park, right now.

I found myself groaning at the bit at the start where this (slightly odd) woman mentions part of the carpark being marked with an 'R' then stating she has a 'feeling' that he's here.

Except.... she turned out to be right.* And weirdly, his remains are the first thing they found in the dig, before even the remains of the friary, etc.

*I confess it didn't stop me chuckling when they draped his colours over the cardboard box housing his remains and stuck it in a van though.

Frank

Me too. They're doing the little princes now, BWAH-HA-HA!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: vzzbux on 04 February, 2013, 07:49:36 PM
Leicester put back on the map.
King Richard III remains confirmed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-21063882

V

My brother lives in Leicester.  He's been really, really hoping this was true.  Waheyyy!

I like Richard III, me.  He taught Johnny Rotten all he knows about theatrical stares and sneers.  (Except, like Caligula, he was actually quite a normal chap, apparently.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"