Main Menu

The Bestest Meggazine Ever!

Started by 2000AD Online, 22 March, 2005, 09:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

THE BESTEST MEGGAZINE EVER!

No less than five circuit-frazzling new Thrills debut in Judge Dredd Megazine 231, on sale at all good Thrill vendors from 6 April beneath a cover by top art droid Chris Weston!

JUDGE DREDD
The Monsterus Mashinashuns of PJ Maybe
By John Wagner & Carlos Ezquerra

Philip Janet Maybe ? a former child prodigy with a genius for killing ? lives in luxury in South America under the guise of wealthy philanthropist Don Pedro Montez. One year ago, Maybe murdered 20,000 citizens of his native Mega-City One. Using a goodwill mission to Cuidad Barranquilla as cover, Judge Dredd has vowed to bring Maybe to justice ? once and for all!

ZANCUDO
By Simon Spurrier & Cam Kennedy

2127 AD: High above the Peruvian rainforest, vast shapes fix compound eyes on a vessel transporting wicked crim Fendito ?the Bandito? back into custody in the the South-Am mega-city of Cuidad Barranquilla. For ?Banana City? judges Xavi Ancizar and Sofia Perez, the horror is just beginning ...

DEVLIN WAUGH
All Hell
By John Smith & Colin MacNeil

In a world where horrors from beyond might invade our reality at any moment, one man stands firm against the terror ? athlete, aesthete and vampire Devlin Waugh, the Vatican?s favoured freelance exorcist. Having lost his Eye of Sekhmet pendant to the Withered Hand Triad, Devlin needs to keep his pecker up ... but not even he can imagine the vortex of terror about to engulf old friends and hated enemies alike following an awful discovery in the Radlands of Ji!

JOHNNY WOO
A Bullet in the Head
By Gordon Rennie & PJ Holden

Jointly governed by the Brits and Sino-City, Hong Tong is a place where the line between free trade and rampant crime is narrow. Inspector Liu Chan Yeun of the People?s Justice Ministry walks that line each day ? he leads an undercover life as hitman Johnny Woo, enforcer for the Hong Tong triads!

ANDERSON ? PSI-DIVISION
City of Dead
By Alan Grant & Arthur Ranson

Cassandra Anderson is Psi-Division?s top telepath, instrumental in protecting the city from many supernatural threats. After months in a coma, at last she?s back on the streets ? where a bloody find at Al?s Skule of Filosofy is about to lead her into one of her strangest and deadliest cases yet!

Link: Tharg's Newsround

Mr C

Max Kon

ming

Sounds good to me!  Does the character on the cover look familiar to anyone, or is it just me?

http://www.2000adonline.com/images/artwork/meg231_medium.jpg>
http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/mediumres/216.jpg>

Roger Godpleton

I was already excited aboot this, but that art has just ramped it all up.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mike Carroll

Can't wait! Shame about the mis-spellng of "megazine", though!

-- Mike

Conexus

I think that's the point (re: PJ) if you are aware and you're joking, there's a use for winking smilies you know

Byron Virgo

"aboot"?!

What are you, Canadian or something?

The Amstor Computer

Heh... very, very cool preview. Cheers, Alan!

(BTW - nice to see my guess about Zancudo wasn't too far off the mark. For anyone who's interested, Google the name :-) )

Mike Carroll

> there's a use for winking smilies you know
This is true! I forgot to put one in!

I'm just hoping that Dredd DOESN'T manage to bring PJ Maybe to justice "once and for all" - he's great adversary (right up there with Judge Death, Chopper and Mean Machine), so killing him off would be a bad move.

-- Mike

Funt Solo

I don't mean to be a troll (but I am, so I'll carry on):  why isn't this in the SPOILERS section?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Oddboy

...because it's "News"

You should all know by now how the HYPE OF THARG works... if you want it to be a surprise then don't listen to what Tharg tells you.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!