Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred eighty-sixth episode we continue our journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with the 1989 2000AD Annual. This is the twelfth 2000AD annual and we're seeing a great combination of new stories and classic thrills in these pages. The highlights of this year's annual include extra episodes of classic thrills, including epilogues and prequels, the conclusion of Flesh Book 1, and a series of the Ron Smith Daily Dredds strips!

This episode Conrad is joined by friend of the show David Page, also known as THE MONARCH on the 2000AD Forums!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!

Quote from: sheridan on 08 December, 2019, 11:12:42 AM
What do I think?  What do I think?  I'm never going to be able to read DR & Quinch without imagining Dobbs' lines in Conrad's voice and Quinch's lines in Fox's!*

It's funny, because physically I'm very much the Quinch and Fox is the the DR!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

The Monarch

Oh man I was so nervous you can totally tell. Hope I wasn't too bad on this folks and I am so glad I was invited to this so thank you conrad and hopefully if i didn't suck too bad i could be back on in the future

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: The Monarch on 09 December, 2019, 05:46:54 AM
Oh man I was so nervous you can totally tell. Hope I wasn't too bad on this folks and I am so glad I was invited to this so thank you conrad and hopefully if i didn't suck too bad i could be back on in the future

I thought you were great! Looking forward to having you back on!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

The Monarch

and yes we recorded this before the news of an extention to the ultimate collection so for all i know ace trucking could get a third book to finish it now xd :lol:

SpaceSpinner2000

Nain! It's the twenty-second in our series of Space Spinner 2000 collections! These collections have all of our coverage for a specific character or storyline, all in one place. They're a great accompaniment to reading collected versions of 2000AD, or to just hear your favorite thrill all in one place.

Start digging some holes, because Rogue Trooper is on the warpath! This section sees Rogue moving away from the short, single or double prog stories of the early days to longer and more far-reaching tales. We're also seeing the creative team solidify a bit, generally stories are being tag teamed by Cam Kennedy and Colin Wilson, with Brett Ewins dodging in every now and then. This also where the pursuit of the Traitor General becomes Rogue's paramount goal, when he isn't distracted by a side-quest or temporary threat. We'll also the first of a long-running Rogue Trooper trope, the treacherous femme fatale! (I guess femme fatales are inherently treacherous, but still!)

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred and eighty-eighth episode we continue our journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with the 1989 Judge Dredd Annual.  This is the ninth Dredd Annual, and features a multi part story with full color art by Carlos Ezquerra and classic tales from the archive, and some Ron Smith Daily Dredds!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

sixmo

Just finished listening to the Dredd Annual 1989 podcast. Good work lads!
The "steak" at the end of the Costa del Blood is the hunk of meat on a bone that the yeti waxwork creature was holding. Was not a club!

Also, I'd just like to recall one of my favourite meta lines in anything when Dracula's servant is rowing across the Black Atlantic. He says something along the lines of "Now The Master will have new feeding grounds. No more small minded peasants with their pitchforks and torches. No more damned Peter Cushing!"

Peter Cushing, of course, played Van Helsing in a number of Hammer Horror movies opposite Christopher Lee's Dracula. (Does anyone have the exact quote to hand?). Love that line.

sheridan

All the dialogue on the thrall's intro page:
"Lights, master - I can see the lights!
We're almost there!  Soon have you tucked away in the Mega-City!
No-one will find you there!  No ignorant peasants to chase you with their torches and stakes!  No witch-hunts and persecutions!  no damned Peter Cushing!
No-one will even suspect... and a whole city at your mercy!"

sixmo

Awesome. Even better than I recalled!

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: sixmo on 18 December, 2019, 05:08:17 PM
Just finished listening to the Dredd Annual 1989 podcast. Good work lads!
The "steak" at the end of the Costa del Blood is the hunk of meat on a bone that the yeti waxwork creature was holding. Was not a club!

I definitely now accept that it's a hunk of meat (maybe with a sharpened leg bone?) but man, to me it really just looked like a wooden club!

SpaceSpinner2000

Happy Holidays! As part of the 2000AD Forums Advent Calendar Fox and Conrad recorded a commentary track to be played alongside the 1995 Judge Dredd movie, starring Slyvester Stallone, Diane Lane, and Armand Assante! All you need is a copy of the movie and you're ready to watch along with your chums from Space Spinner as we check out this much maligned piece of Thrill-Cinema.

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

Please let me know what you think, and happy holidays!

The Monarch

sheridan

That film still looks good, and has some great actors.

But also, y'know, a few little bits of miscasting that have been gone over many times before...

Funt Solo

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 20 December, 2019, 12:53:43 AM
...Fox and Conrad recorded a commentary track to be played alongside the 1995 Judge Dredd movie...

Fox and Conrad?!  Double whammy!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

SpaceSpinner2000

If it'd been just me I'd burn up like a SIGNAL FLARE