Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid Round 2 - Cam Kennedy or Simon Bisley

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 January, 2021, 06:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Last votes this morning before a quick weekend break so we can cacth breathe.

Thank you for joining me today for the briefing on the state of the Classic Art Droids tourney. No one is sadder than I to have say that we are moving the 2000ad forum into Round 2 - which of course means that we can no longer consider work from outside Tharg's realm and there can be no mixing of decisions between comic companies.

So to be clear I ask all people living on the forum to do their civic duty and when voting not to come within 2 metres of any work Cam Kennedy may have done for Battle. I need to remind you all that Simon Bisley's Lobo is now entirely prohibited and must not be considered here.

I appreciate that this is very difficult for you all. But to get through this tourney we all have to pull together for one final push (before the next one) to get this voting back under control and centred entirely on work for Tharg. I will shortly hand over to Doctor We're claiming to follow the science, despite literally tens of thousands of deaths, who will talk about the Current Art Droid Tourney. 

Alas we have to pick our favourite and to do so just pop the name of the art droid you'd most like to go through to the Quarter Finals, but please add anything else you'd like to say as well.

Cam Kennedy - more info

OR

Simon 'not Jesus Redondo' Bisley - more info

This one will close and be counted on the morning of Monday 18th January

What the hell is all this? Current state of play Find out more about the Art Droid Tourneys and Round 2

Who made the 32 in both tourneys?

Entrants in the Current Art Droids Tourney

Entrants in the Classic Art Droids Tourney

Rules for what they are worth

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up.

Updated with Bisley info/linkā€”IP

broodblik

Colin did we already vote for Redondo, although your heading states Bisley.

Anyway does not matter my vote goes to Cam
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Arh damnit - sorry folks - as you may well have guessed there's a LOT of cutting and pasting goes on in getting these votes sorted and I well and truly dropped the ball on this one. The vote is for

Cam Kennedy or SIMON BISLEY.

SORRRYYYYY and thanks to broodblik for catching my error.

Magnetica

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

rogue69

ming

abelardsnazz

Bolt-01

Sean SD

Tomwe

I adore Kennedy's work but The Biz is The Biz: SIMON BISLEY.

IndigoPrime

Black Hole was iconic. The first book of Horned God was amazing and a game-changing moment in comics. But I never clicked with Bisley's Dredd, and Horned God later on became oddly scrappy.

Kennedy was one of those classic 2000 AD artists from that era where there was so much dynamism and great design in everything they touched. His Dredd is superb. And while I don't really care about Rogue Trooper and VCs, Kennedy's art urges me to read them again. So: Kennedy.