Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christov

Prepare for a massive rodding with tomorrow's budget if you're not rich as fuck.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 15 June, 2010, 11:06:00 PM
How do conspiracy theories start? Here's a clue to a theory emerging at this very moment:

First, read this:  http://www.fas.org/spp/military/program/asat/miracl.htm

Then, watch this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1eLHGblEww

Finally, Bond, report to Q Branch for your atomic wristwatch and invisible car...

(Of course, it could just be an optical illusion.)

They start like this:

http://shtf411.com/bp-illusion-of-a-false-spill-t7065.html

This has just appeared in the last couple of days.I have read this 3 times very quickly buts its full of holes and inconsistencies.Its also where the info first appeared but i may be wrong but notice that forum user @Forbidden knowledge has only posted 2 comments.

For starters at the very beginning of the article in the first paragraph the author states :

"I cannot reveal my sources as they go straight to the top"

Then at the beginning of the second paragraph the author states :

"Much of the information i present here cannot be easily verified ,fast checked , or ever presented as anything , but hearsay , as they are just the words of an anonymous online entity."

That just contradicts itself completely.

The words of an anonymous online entity or 2 if you count the author of the article i quoted or more likely just the author of the article.If they were provided with the information from an "anonymous online entity" then why not quote the original info rather than re-writing it ?

There are so many inconsistencies in this i havent got the time to list them all and there is just something about the wording and the way its presented which makes me very suspicious not to mention the fact it has been leaked or published on an obscure website instead of somewhere credible.These types always claim to have inside info and know more than you or i do yet they never elaborate on it .

If something sounds too good to be true then quite often it is.

This info is bullshit in my opinion but that doesnt mean everything in it is bullshit.

Quote from: Christov on 21 June, 2010, 11:12:41 PM
Prepare for a massive rodding with tomorrow's budget if you're not rich as fuck.

We already have had a massive "Rodding" already and have done since the economy collapsed.This just adds to it even more.Business as usual.More revenue collection for the UK corporation and the banking cartel and the longer everyone tolerates it the longer it will go on.

Business as usual.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 22 June, 2010, 01:10:12 AM
The Kremlin does not approve of Vodka. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jun/21/russia-shock-ads-price-vodka

I think there's a massive clue to potential policy failure right here: "Russians who cannot afford vodka often turn to powerful, and sometimes deadly, homemade spirits." Hmm. That's what I thought. If you make the legitimate stuff more expensive, you'll turn even more people to black market poison.
STRIKE !!!

vzzbux

The budget wasn't as bad as I was expecting. The missus has done some quick calculations and we are better off  :thumbsup:

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Al_Ewing

Hesitant though I am to bring this thread back to life... I assume everyone's making their views heard on this thingy?

http://yourfreedom.hmg.gov.uk/

Remember you can vote down as well as up.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Jim_Campbell

Oh, joy. Prepare yourselves for another bill to bring back hanging, this time "by public demand."

Gah!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

House of Usher

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 July, 2010, 12:16:21 AM
Oh, joy. Prepare yourselves for another bill to bring back hanging, this time "by public demand."

Gah!

Jim

I hope not. Nick Clegg says in the video that there were some ideas suggested that the coalition is explicitly not going to consider putting into legislation, like re-introducing the death penalty and repealing the ban on indoor smoking in public places.

Doesn't rule out a Private Member's Bill though. I cede your point!
STRIKE !!!

The Legendary Shark

As some of you know, I've been trying to get answers from the Treasury. They have replied to my questions but, as somebody once said, all answers are replies but not all replies are answers. Here's the Treasury's evasions and obfuscations in their entirity:

To Mr Howard

Thank you for your email dated 9 June about government debt.

For clarity, I will address each of your questions in turn.

1.   Is the Bank of England a fully government controlled entity, is it privately held or is it semi-private/public? (please choose from one of these options and provide sources to support your answer)

The entire capital stock of the Bank of England was brought into public ownership under the Bank of England Act 1946. By the Bank of England (Transfer of Stock) Order 1946, the person nominated by the Treasury to hold the stock was the Solicitor for the Affairs of HM Treasury (the Treasury Solicitor).

2.   What is the authority relation between the UK government, the Bank of England and      the MPC? In other words: who is legally allowed to override whose decisions? (please provide sources to support your answer)

The Bank of England Act 1998 states that the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Bank of England is an independent Committee of the Bank. The Bank's Court of Directors keeps the procedures followed by the MPC under review, but the MPC has full responsibility and independence for formulating monetary policy. Section 19 of the Bank of England Act 1998 states that "the Treasury, after consultation with the Governor of the Bank, may by order give the Bank directions with respect to monetary policy if they are satisfied that the directions are required in the public interest and by extreme economic circumstances." The full Bank of England Act 1998 is available at the following address:
http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/about/legislation/1998act.pdf

3.   Is it or is it not true that the UK government, like many other countries, acquired their large debts because the central bank was privatized, issuance of money was delegated to the privatized central bank and interest was charged to the UK government on the money it borrowed from the central bank? (please provide a simple yes or no answer first, then feel free to elaborate and please provide sources to support your answer)

The Treasury's glossary of terms states that the national debt is the total amount of debt owed by a government, raised through borrowing from individuals and institutions. It is the sum total of all previously incurred deficits that have not been paid. The glossary is available in full at the Treasury's website:
http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/junebudget_glossary.htm

4.   Is it or is it not true that the UK government issues government bonds to the central bank, in effect making tax payers the collateral for the debts incurred? (if your answer is "no", then please explain what IS used as collateral and provide sources to support your answer)

The UK Government does not issue Government bonds (gilts) to the central bank. The Debt Management Office (DMO) sells gilts to the Gilt-Edged Market Makers (GEMMs) in the primary market. The GEMMs then sell gilts to end-investors in the secondary market. The Bank of England purchases gilts in the secondary market via the Asset Purchase Facility (APF) or for its own balance sheet purposes. The Government will indemnify the Bank of England and the fund specially created by the Bank to implement the APF for any losses arising out of or connected to the facility, as set out in the letter from the previous Chancellor to the Governor of the Bank of England available at the following website link: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/d/ck_letter_boe290109.pdf

5.   Please name 10 nations that do not have a privatized central bank that issues debt based currency. Please name 10 nations that do not have a national debt.

The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is an international organisation, which fosters international monetary and financial cooperation and serves as a bank for central banks. The following link is a hub for all the Central Bank websites, which will provide information for each one on its legal structure as well as information on each Central Bank's operations. http://bis.org/cbanks.htm

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) collects data on its 187 member countries. Its World Economic Outlook database provides information on economic and government statistics for each of these countries, including historical and forecasts of government debt. http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2010/01/weodata/index.aspx

6.   Do you PERSONALLY believe that it is good for a government to be forced to      borrow debt based money from a privatized central bank? Do you personally believe that this is better for taxpayers than if a government would issue its own debt free money, NOT to finance borrowing, but to prevent debts to third parties and to control government spending?

In line with the Civil Service Code, it is not appropriate for civil servants to proffer personal opinions on government policy. As set out in the answer to your fourth question, the Government does not issue gilts to the central bank. The DMO sells gilts to the GEMMs in the primary market, who in turn sell gilts to end-investors in the secondary market.

As set out in the answer to your second question, the MPC of the Bank of England has full operational independence over monetary policy. The Chancellor confirmed in the Budget that the MPC will continue to target 2 per cent inflation, as measured by the 12-month increase in the Consumer Prices Index (CPI). The MPC could not instruct the Bank of England to print money to fund government spending and prevent debt to third parties as it would not be consistent with the MPC meeting its inflation target. Further information on the monetary policy framework is available at the Bank of England's website: http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetarypolicy/index.htm

7.   Do you PERSONALLY believe that treaties like the Maastricht Treaty should be      adhered to in perpetuity, even if it is not to the benefit of the nation and its taxpayers?

In line with the Civil Service Code, it is not appropriate for civil servants to proffer personal opinions on government policy. The Government believes that membership of the EU is in the UK's national interest, and intends to vigorously champion the interests of the UK and play an active role within the EU. The Government also believes that the EU needs to change and that it can do things better, but is confident in Britain's ability to move the EU in the right direction. I would also note that the government has set out that it intends to amend the 1972 European Communities Act so that any further transfer of powers must be subject to a referendum.

I hope that you find these responses helpful.

Yours sincerely
Enquiry Unit

So, are we any the wiser?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

House of Usher

Now look what you've done, Mr. Al so-called Ewing!  ::)
STRIKE !!!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Even though most of that was cut-and-paste of dubious relevance, I'm still amazed at the length of those answers.  It might have been a bit optimistic to look for 'personal' opinions, and I'm not sure the rhetorical Question 5 was a good idea, but very interesting (if not enlightening) all the same... 

Peter Wolf

I would have worded question 5 as name any country whose privately owned independent central bank doesnt operate a criminal Ponzi scheme and which also doesnt conspire in conjunction with other criminal banking institutions and the BIS and govt to interfere with and manipulate the money markets and conspire to expand and contract the money supply as and when it is directed by the private consortium of majority shareholders of the privately owned central banks and which doesnt create debt in order to snare the nation state in a trap where it is beholden to the IMF which is the international holding company of the majority shareholders of the criminal privately owned Ponzi banking system.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

I would have put some punctuation in.
STRIKE !!!

Mikey

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.