Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie boy

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 September, 2012, 04:54:09 PM
I have iTunes shuffling tracks from the Tron: Legacy
I was working in a music store when that soundtrack was released, I remember it being great. Memories of the film don't seem so hot...
The Cooper Temple Clause- Kick up the Fire, and let the Flames break Loose

Martin Jameson

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 11 August, 2012, 08:28:51 PM
Quote from: Charlie boy on 11 August, 2012, 07:08:22 PM
Bruce Springsteen's The River
Good man!

Currently listening to The Gaslight Anthem who have pretty much saved my life they are so good.

Handwritten by The Gaslight Anthem has been played to death the last couple of days in my house. Great, great album.

NapalmKev

Capitalism is Cannibalism- a very short/old E.P by Anthrax (UK punk band, not American thrash legends)

Confrontation- Soilent Green.

Perfect lunchtime 'relaxation' tunes.

Cheers  ;)
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Mudcrab

Quote from: NapalmKev on 18 September, 2012, 12:35:40 PM
Capitalism is Cannibalism- a very short/old E.P by Anthrax (UK punk band, not American thrash legends)

Cheers  ;)

Nice, got a track of theirs on an old comp, "We Dont Want Your Fucking War". Struggling to remember the name of the song though. Was listening to the other side the other day (Subhumans, Toxic Waste, Varukers etc), the side the Anthrax tune's on's got the mother of all scratches on it  :'(
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Charlie boy

This track is by Red Kite, the band Dan Fisher formed after The Cooper Temple Clause split; you can stream their recordings in a few places but stuff like that is beyond my computer-skill capabilities so I tend to just browse YouTube. Love this song and love the video; reminds me of using the editing suite when I was at college and struggling to fit music to a shot in time. The man responsible for this vid would have clearly got a much better grade than I did...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24x5KzmZeiQ

Mudcrab

OM!

The State of Non-Return

Saw them in Glasgow last night, another sublime performance from Al Cisneros. Amazing, possibly even better than Sleep, certainly at times. My pilgramage to the holy trinity of Sleep, Shrinebuilder and Om is complete  :D

Sleep at the Glasgow Arches
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

CrazyFoxMachine

Wheyyy!!!

I was just about to post on this thread about seeing Om in Bristol on Saturday! Bloody splendid they were Mr Mudcrab. Hynoptic and thoroughly convincing - met a few people who'd never seen them before and were immediate converts. Which says a lot.

It was a new venue though, and they'd as yet not fitted any air conditioning so the room they played in quickly became a sauna. Had to jettison my rather tasty position at the front about half an hour in so I could get some air. Al was, by the end, a bit of a sweaty wreck but they didn't let up! He was found prone apon some stairs after the gig - recovering. He said promisingly at one point "it's been too long since we've last been in the UK - we won't be leave it so long next time" (!!) Whey.

Mudcrab

Yay, glad you saw them! I must have been pretty toasty where we were too, Al was looking a bit soggy. Hypnotic indeed, the man's a wizard!  :D Hope they're back soon, most definitely want to experience that again!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

shaolin_monkey

A mate of mine came back to Cardiff for the remains of a night out after seeing Om in Bristol on Saturday night.  He said they were amazing.

I've been listening to Ministry of Sound Funk Soul Classics lately.  It's impossible to walk down the road without a spring in your step while listening to these.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Funk-Soul-Classics/dp/B004VXQGN2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1349094196&sr=8-3

CrazyFoxMachine

On a related note I saw this today :O

Definitely going.

Mudcrab

Mmm, missed that this year (was down the week before or after I seem to remember). Definitely going to try and make that this year though, Lowrider track posted on the site is awesome!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

The Enigmatic Dr X

She's got legs... and she knows how to use them.

Reliving some oldies tonight: ZZ Top and then the Travelling Wilburies. Then off to bed.

Lock up your spoons!

Aonghus

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 11 October, 2012, 10:59:33 PM
She's got legs... and she knows how to use them.

Reliving some oldies tonight: ZZ Top and then the Travelling Wilburies. Then off to bed.

Aw man, Legs. I have such love for ZZ Top- that tune always makes the air-guitar come out. And the video!

Having discovered the joys of Oxfam, I came home with O Children by O Children the other day. Top-notch Goth music, very much in keepong with early Bauhaus. Go listen to their song, radio waves, all of you!

Spikes

Since last nights Squeeze: Take me i'm yours Documentary, their back catalogue has been on heavy rotation.

Frontman Glenn Tilbrook deffo needs to shave that awful beard off, but his (last decade) solo stuff is proper good.

Frank

Quote from: Judge Jack on 13 October, 2012, 08:51:57 PM
Since last nights Squeeze: Take me i'm yours Documentary, their back catalogue has been on heavy rotation.

Cheers for the link, Jack. They were genius songwriters, even if they didn't turn out to be the new Lennon and McCartney (as they were apparently labeled when they first emerged) and Another Nail In My Heart is one of my all time favourites.