Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: sauchie on 06 April, 2013, 07:16:22 PM

... to tour without Tom Araya, Dave Lombardo or Jeff Hanneman. In what sense is that Slayer?

Kerry King was always the weakest link, musically. Not that it matters when you're pretty much basically being a covers band. Thought Jason Newsted was a 'painter' now?

Frank

Maybe he got the inspiration to be an artist when he saw how much Lars got when he flogged his chavvy art collection in Some Kind of Monster. In other news, PJ & Duncan's reign of terror has been ended by Duke Dumont and a*m*e, who sound like it's a Friday night in 1989 and everything's gone a bit Pete Tong.

Noisybast

You guys did see the date on that Slayer story, right?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 07 April, 2013, 02:08:56 AM
Steve Earle : Copperhead Road

For someone who normally doesn't give Country music the time of day (that being me) I do think Steve Earle is bloody brilliant. Copperhead Road and Guitar Town are great records.

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: sauchie on 06 April, 2013, 07:16:22 PM
The slayer post

I reckon by now you will have realised that story you read on 6th April was actually published on the 1st April, yep?  :D
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Spikes

I reckon Joe and Sauchie was just messing about, and it was all a bit of a wheeze.

I mean; Do you really think two intelligent and erudite chaps would listen to such ghastly music?

Frank

Soap was only being polite and replying to a neeburs post. To be fair (and I always try to be scrupulously fair to myself), this is the first time I've ever regretted my longstanding policy of never reading the comments at the bottom of an internet news story. By the standards of the ludicrous shite that goes on in metal bands, that story was fairly tame ...

judgefloyd

in non-Metal news, I've been listening to 'the essential Mondo Rock'.  It's mostly good fun 80s stuff, but not really Essential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hKg50qJ90w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sHpd4CxxR0

Albion

I've been listening to lots of metal so according to some I am not intelligent or erudite and I enjoy ghastly music and ludicrous shite.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Everybody knows that intelligence can only be measured by the forms of entertainment we enjoy.
You may quote me on that.

von Boom

Quote from: El Pops on 09 April, 2013, 03:29:31 PM
Everybody knows that intelligence can only be measured by the forms of entertainment we enjoy.

Hmmm. Perhaps I should give up watching Mexican Cock Fighting.  :-\

judgefloyd

ChickenStu

Listening to a hell of a lot of Toto. I LOVE those guys.  :)
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

Frank

Duke Dumont's still number one, much to the relief of the new Director General of the BBC. First one to suggest a First Cut Is the Deepest/God Save The Queen chart placing reversal to spare the blushes of the suits wears a tinfoil hat.

CrazyFoxMachine

I'm listening to all the artists I'm going to be checking out at Desertfest the stonerydoom festival in London next fortnight. :O ohohohoooo

http://thedesertfest.com/london/line-up/