Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pictsy

Now I am listening to Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (currently on Kicking Against the Pricks)

JayzusB.Christ

The Dead Kennedys and Die Antwoord, at the moment. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Albion

Tonight I was listening to Coheed & Cambria live at the Concorde 2 in Brighton. \m/  :D
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Emp

The whales of lunar sea....see it's a play on words whales/wails...lunar sea/lunacy
,.....i,ll get me coat

Albion

Quote from: Emp on 17 November, 2013, 02:02:26 AM
The whales of lunar sea....see it's a play on words whales/wails...lunar sea/lunacy
,.....i,ll get me coat

As in Skyclad, The silent whales of lunar sea?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=41Xf_HWF3u0
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

pictsy

Just finished listening to three albums from Nightmares on Wax and now moving on the my Pink Floyd collection.

pictsy

Just finished listening to my Regina Spektor albums and I have now moved onto Sly & The Family Stone.

Dragonfly

The past week Vampires Stole My Lunch Money by Mick Farren has been living in my CD player. Every time it ends I just hit play again.

pictsy

I'm now listening to The Cinematic Orchestra.

I, Cosh

After reading about how good their reformation gig was I've been listening to Loop a lot this week. It's actually quite interesting how traditionally rocky they sound now. Maybe that's just the way my perception has changed over the years or knowing the way Hampson went later with Main. Whatever, Got to Get it Over is pretty damned groovy.

Also been enjoying April Larson who seems to do a lot of drifting ambient and drone pieces. Here's her, vaguely representative, mashup of the Moon and Sunshine soundtracks.
We never really die.

pictsy

I have the first four The Cure albums in my playlist currently.

GrinningChimera

White Noise - An Electric Storm

From the lady who gave us the Doctor Who theme. (or so I heard) I forget her name but nothing a quick google search won't fix*. This is one of those albums that you really have to be in the right mood to listen to. And if you like to dabble in hallucinogenics I suggest giving this one a miss. A groundbreaking album for it's time (not that I was there) be careful what company you play this one in front of. They might think you are a bit mad.

*[spoiler]Answer : Delia Derbyshire[/spoiler]

Karl Stephan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 November, 2013, 12:22:23 AM
The Dead Kennedys and Die Antwoord, at the moment.

I'd imagine those going together quite well. Love both bands, especially Die Antwoord because I happen to be one of those dirty hairyback South Africans  :lol:

Ancient Otter

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 22 November, 2013, 12:57:33 PM
A groundbreaking album for it's time (not that I was there) be careful what company you play this one in front of. They might think you are a bit mad.

Too late for me, some lady friends were around when the song "My Game of Loving" kicked in....

GrinningChimera

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 22 November, 2013, 08:27:34 PM
Too late for me, some lady friends were around when the song "My Game of Loving" kicked in....

If ever that song comes on when I am in the car with my mother, it gets an instant skip.