Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Ian Cognito, comedian, died on stage on Tuesday.

Bolt-01

Crikey- he really did exactly that.

Gobsmacked...

sheridan

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 12 April, 2019, 02:43:41 PM
Crikey- he really did exactly that.

Gobsmacked...

I'm sure a few others here are old enough to have seen Tommy Cooper go a similar way.

Tjm86

Quote from: broodblik on 12 April, 2019, 10:20:29 AM
James Hudnall - https://downthetubes.net/?p=106201

Probably the greatest shame is that Espers always stayed niche.  With Lloyd on art duties it is quite something.  Granted it does fall into a number of standard tropes but then again that may be more because in the intervening thirty odd years we have seen it so many times.  Well worth a read though.

Didn't realise that he did Harsh Realms too though.  Another guilty little pleasure but it is easy to understand why it was so short-lived.

Dandontdare

I remember reading the Book of the New Sun as they came out when I was at school at the height of my D&D days, they were hugely influental.

These obituaries always throw up odd facts: "He was instrumental in developing the machine that cooks Pringles crisps"

sheridan

Edward Kelsey, 88, actor, known as the voices of Joe Grundy (The Archers), Colonel K and Baron Silas Greenback (Danger Mouse), Mr Growbag (Wallace and Gromit's Curse of the Were-Rabbit).

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: sheridan on 24 April, 2019, 04:38:20 PM
Edward Kelsey, 88, actor, known as the voices of Joe Grundy (The Archers), Colonel K and Baron Silas Greenback (Danger Mouse), Mr Growbag (Wallace and Gromit's Curse of the Were-Rabbit).

Damn, this one cut a deep wound. Kelsey uttered a line in that Aardman classic thats since become part of my families popular lexicon.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/cee2ec7a-a2a1-4e6b-9804-309a98ea98bc

rogue69

Rowland "Boon" Gould,guitarist and a founding member of the band Level 42, has died aged 64.

radiator

Peter Mayhew

sheridan

TordelBack

So sad to hear about Peter. A gloriously warm giant. 43 years on from first his donning the walking carpet, my daughter will wake up this morning beside her cuddly Chewie, under her two Chewie posters and put on her Chewie dressing gown and then i'll have to tell her the news.

IAMTHESYSTEM

The original actors in the Star Wars lexicon are getting to a ripe old age now so not unexpected but equally unfortunate. Chewbacca must be one of the most recognisable characters in Cinema History, and Peter Mayhew made the role more than 'a walking carpet. Very sorry he's gone.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 May, 2019, 06:46:33 AM
So sad to hear about Peter. A gloriously warm giant. 43 years on from first his donning the walking carpet, my daughter will wake up this morning beside her cuddly Chewie, under her two Chewie posters and put on her Chewie dressing gown and then i'll have to tell her the news.

Aw, man, that's heartbreaking. Do you really have to tell her?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"