Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills 2017

Started by Dash Decent, 23 August, 2016, 01:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Judge

Thanks for posting the images of those badges - they are very cool and would make good t-shirt graphics. Who wouldn't want ro be a Tank Commander or Time Warden!? The B&W Photos dosent do them justice as they look much more vibrant in colour.

norton canes

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 12 January, 2017, 11:11:03 PM
So we can assume that the Mind Wars, Timequake & Starlord Stront in colour collections are scheduled for the 40th anniversary of Tooth's sister comic in 2018 then?  ;)

I would be more than happy to have the excellent Mind Wars story bound in one lovely volume.

BTW never mind Kevin O'Neill's badges, who's responsible for the dreadful depiction of Johnny Alpha (at least I assume it's meant to be Johnny Alpha) on that Starlord no.1 cover?

Edit: Just checked Barney, it's Ramon 'Flesh' Sola. Hmm. He should have used line art.

Mike Carroll

Back in 2015 I recoloured Johnny Alpha on that cover to more closely match the real thing... I also recoloured Wulf's beard!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 12 January, 2017, 11:33:18 PMConsidering I have little experience with FS and comments like yours, I think I'll get the Alan Moore book to begin with - thanks. I have not heard of Time Twisters, although I assume they are similar to FS if they are included.
Same format, more or less – just more time-travel oriented. The Moore book includes all his shorts – Future Shock, Time Twisters, and a few other bits (such as the complete Abelard Snazz). If you can track down a copy, it's one of the best Rebellion volumes you'll find.

Dash Decent

A few more now listed on Amazon UK.  Thanks also to Andy B for the extra nuggets.

2017 AD
12 Jan 2017 - Cadet Anderson: Teenage Kyx
17 Jan 2017 - The Complete Scarlet Traces Vol. 1
07 Feb 2017 - Thrill Power Overload
09 Feb 2017 - 2000 AD's Greatest: Celebrating 40 Years of Thrill-Power!
14 Feb 2017 - Judge Dredd: Every Empire Falls
21 Feb 2017 - Judge Dredd: Mega-City Zero Volume 3
09 Mar 2017 - Kingdom - Aux Drift
09 Mar 2017 - The Order: Die Mensch Machine
14 Mar 2017 - Predator Versus Judge Dredd Versus Aliens: Splice and Dice
06 Apr 2017 - Judge Dredd: Complete Case Files 29 (possibly now August?)
06 Apr 2017 - The Last American
11 Apr 2017 - Judge Dredd: The Cape and Cowl Crimes
04 May 2017 - Summer Magic: The Complete Journal of Luke Kirby - paperback, 240 pages
04 May 2017 - Slaine - The Brutania Chronicles: Psychopomp
13 Jun 2017 - The Complete Skizz
15 Jun 2017 - Lawless: Welcome to Black Rock - paperback, 176 pages
13 Jul 2017 - Absalom: Under a False Flag - paperback, 112 pages
?? Jul 2017 - Anderson: The Deep End
07 Sep 2017 - Greysuit: The Monarch Dossier
12 Sep 2017 - Survival Geeks
12 Sep 2017 - Brink: Book One
?? Oct 2017 - The Complete Future Shocks, Volume 1
?? Oct 2017 - Scarlet Traces Volume 2
?? Nov 2017 - Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 30
?? Dec 2017 - The Fall of Deadworld
?? Dec 2017 - M.A.C.H.1 – The John Probe Mission Files

To Be Advised
TBA - VCs: Old Soldiers (promised for 15th December 2009)
TBA - Nursery Crimes: The Collected Sweeny Toddler
TBA - IPC Fleetway Crossovers vol 1: Deadly Hedley of the Eastern Front
TBA - IPC Fleetway Crossovers vol 2: Bionic Gran & the 6 1/2p Buytonic Boy meet MACH 1
TBA - Laser Eraser and Pressbutton and Laser Eraser - Ernie from "Jackpot" teams up with Mysta Mistralis after accidentally beaming Axel's button to Splod.
TBA - One-Eyed Jack (N.B., To avoid this making it on to the Things That Went Over Your Head thread, it's a playing card reference, right?)
TBA - The Deluxe Leopard from Lime Street Case Files

Blurbs:
(All typos (c) Amazon UK: extra full stops, missing spaces, extra spaces, sentences starting with lower case characters, etc.)
3/10 - see me after class!

Absalom: Under a False Flag
Inspector Harry Absalom is an old-school copper — curmudgeonly antiauthoritarian, he's been with the force for over forty years. Suffering from an inoperable cancer, he's also the head of a special squad that enforces The Accord, a diplomatic treaty made in the sixteenth century between the throne of England and the powers of Hell. Together with the psychotic Guv'nor, Harry uncovers a secret demon-killing cadre working on behalf of the church...

Lawless: Welcome to Black Rock
The backwater planet of 43 Rega has spent five years recovering from an invasion of aliens known as the Zhind. i[/u]solated and a hotbed for trouble makers, Badrock is an colony township desperate for a strong law enforcer to take charge. Enter Colonial. Marshal Meta Lawson. Tough, surly and determined, Lawson seems to be ideal for the role. But is this law-woman exactly who she claims to be...?

Summer Magic: The Complete Journal of Luke Kirby
In the summer of 1962, young Luke Kirby is sent to stay with his Uncle Elias(a man he had never met) in  a British village called Lunstead, while his mother recuperates from an illness. Elias reveals himself to be a magician, well versed in the alchemical arts and eager to pass his skills onto his young nephew. But as the apprenticeship begins a new, bestial horror begins to stalk those unfortunate enough to wander alone at night in the woods. Will the burgeoning magician be powerful enough to confront the monster? To enter this world of wonder, childhood innocence must be sacrificed...
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Trent on 11 January, 2017, 04:35:42 AM
Lawless at 128 pages makes no sense which unfortunately calls into question other page numbers.

Amazon UK's listing says 176 pages. Click!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

The Monarch

Are you keeping the long running vcs joke going even if it finally made the megs floppys?

Dash Decent

I'm going to milk it for all it's worth, like a dog with a bone in some kind of mashed up milk/bone metaphor.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

2017 AD
01 Mar 2017 - Beyond Watchmen and Judge Dredd: The Art of John Higgins - paperback, 272 pages, Liverpool University Press
04 May 2017 - Summer Magic: The Complete Journal of Luke Kirby
15 Jun 2017 - Lawless: Welcome to Black Rock
13 Jul 2017 - Absalom: Under a False Flag

To Be Advised
TBA - One-Eyed Jack
TBA - IPC Fleetway Crossovers vol 2: Bionic Gran & the 6 1/2p Buytonic Boy meet MACH 1
TBA - Laser Eraser and Pressbutton and Laser Eraser

Blurbs:

Beyond Watchmen and Judge Dredd: The Art of John Higgins
Watchmen, Judge Dredd, Hellblazer, Before Watchmen, Razorjack: John Higgins has been the artist or colourist on some of the most iconic comic books of recent years. Here, collected together for the first time, is the best of Higgins breathtaking work. Alongside never before seen preliminary drawings of now iconic characters, the book includes insights into the career of the comic book artist. Before Coloring the Watchmen [earlier title? - Dash] is partly an essential book for all enthusiasts and partly an instruction manual for those wanting to understand just what it takes to land a contract with DC Comics.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Richard

Mind Wars definitely deserves to be collected.

sheridan

Quote from: Dash Decent on 27 January, 2017, 10:44:02 AM

Did I read somewhere that was going to be the last Grandville, or is that the next one to come out?

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Dash Decent

2017 AD
01 Mar 2017 - Beyond Watchmen and Judge Dredd: The Art of John Higgins
04 May 2017 - Summer Magic: The Complete Journal of Luke Kirby
15 Jun 2017 - Lawless: Welcome to Black Rock
13 Jul 2017 - Absalom: Under a False Flag
19 Sep 2017 - Deviations: Beta - paperback, 96 pages, IDW Publishing

To Be Advised
TBA - One-Eyed Jack
TBA - Laser Eraser and Pressbutton and Laser Eraser

Blurb(s):

Deviations: Beta
WWhat if your favorite stories and characters had entirely different experiences? Find out in Deviations, a special comic book event series featuring alternate takes on some of your favourite books!

Judge Dredd turned into a werewolf! Take a sideways look at one of the more celebrated Dredd stories, "Cry of the Werewolf."

In My Little Pony, imagine Equestria where Prince Blueblood becomes Celestia's star pupil, not Twilight Sparkle!

What if Earth wasn't home to Starfleet, but was instead a vast and brutal penal colony? What if everything that was no longer is because the Romulans defeated the Vulcans, destroyed the Federation, and rewrote history?

In a world where young Fox Mulder was abducted by aliens and never returned, another Mulder takes up the crusade against deception! Agent Samantha Mulder returns with Agent Dana Scully to investigate a shadowy figure who may hold the truth behind the disappearance of Sam's brother Fox.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Link Prime

Quote from: Dash Decent on 07 February, 2017, 02:21:29 PM

Deviations: Beta
WWhat if your favorite stories and characters had entirely different experiences? Find out in Deviations, a special comic book event series featuring alternate takes on some of your favourite books!

Judge Dredd turned into a werewolf! Take a sideways look at one of the more celebrated Dredd stories, "Cry of the Werewolf."

In My Little Pony, imagine Equestria where Prince Blueblood becomes Celestia's star pupil, not Twilight Sparkle!

What if Earth wasn't home to Starfleet, but was instead a vast and brutal penal colony? What if everything that was no longer is because the Romulans defeated the Vulcans, destroyed the Federation, and rewrote history?

In a world where young Fox Mulder was abducted by aliens and never returned, another Mulder takes up the crusade against deception! Agent Samantha Mulder returns with Agent Dana Scully to investigate a shadowy figure who may hold the truth behind the disappearance of Sam's brother Fox.

Yeah, think I'll be getting that Judge Dredd 'Deviations' comic separately.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Link Prime on 07 February, 2017, 04:48:04 PM

Yeah, think I'll be getting that Judge Dredd 'Deviations' comic separately.

Yeah, you beat me to it, I was going to say the same. Dredd does not belong anywhere near some of those properties (My Little Pony...)