Main Menu

Bionic Man in LOST

Started by WoD, 04 January, 2006, 04:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

Did anyone see the recent ep on E4.  Did anyone else notice that one of the extras looked remarkedly like Lee Majors....can anyone shed light on this?http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c316/WoDMaN/bionicLOST1.jpg">

Bolt-01

That's not Lee Majors. That is Colt Seevers, the unknown stuntman, that made Redford look so fine.

Bolt-01

DavidXBrunt

I thought he was the one who made Eastwood such a star.

Conexus

Sure he didn't do both ?

/really asking

//have no idea

Art

can anyone shed light on this?

You want an explanation? In LOST?

petemaskreplica

I'm hoping for everything to be explained in an arbitrary and unsatisfactory manner when the series is suddenly cancelled mid-season, having stretched the whole concept way beyond the point where any of it could have been reasonably resolved in whatever way was originally intended.

Rex Banner

I'm halfway through the second season & it's still going strong-ish. There are a few plot points I'm not happy with but hope they make sense in the end.

Large48

I only watch it now because its soooo bad.

I got hooked when the same couple walked past the 'main' actors exactly the same twice during a conversation they where having on the beach.

Gripping stuff! although no-one seems to have remembered they shot a polar bear in the 2nd episode.....
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Art

I'm putting serious odds on an "Actually you're all dead" resolution at the end. Either that or the characters get swept up in some kind of time vortex and prevent the plane crashing in  the first place.

Bico

As I recall, the whole thing's supposedly been planned out for the first five years.  Goody.
My money's on the writers pulling some load of old bullshit out of their arse in a desperate attempt to do something different from what everyone expects, and it being hugely disappointing for all concerned, as everyone on the internet who had a guess at what was going to happen came up with something miles more entertaining than what was filmed.  Just like the first season of the new Doctor Who.
Failing that, I'll guess that

Spoiler

(for those who care)

the machine thingy in the bunker is some kind of space-technology dreamed up by hippy boffins that affects probability (hence all the mad coincidences).  They need the kid because he's the only one that can turn it off/control it/whatever.
I'm not saying this would be entertaining, only that I'm willing to bet actual proper money that as shit as this is, it's still better than whatever they decide to go with.

The Amstor Computer

everyone on the internet who had a guess at what was going to happen came up with something miles more entertaining than what was filmed. Just like the first season of the new Doctor Who

/me wonders whether the Bear has simply wiped every single "Adam becomes Davros, and he is The BAD WOLF!" theory from his mind...

The vast majority of fan speculation as to the meaning of "Bad Wolf" was utter, utter shite. Much of it was based on the - frankly bizarre - belief of hardcore Who fans that Russell T Davies & Co., having worked successfully to reintroduce the Doctor in a fairly simple, clear way that didn't rely on the kind of ultracontinuity that dedicated fans love, would then drop a great steaming hit of said ultracon into the season finale.

IMO, the Bad Wolf reveal worked relatively well - a nice paradox that worked within the confines of that season - and I can't think of a single fan theory that I'd have rather had in its place.

As for Lost - couldn't give a toss. Like the West Wing, it's simply another "meh" US import - overhyped, overlong & now, thanks to C4, over here.

WoD

I 'still' think Adam will be Davros...

Wils

and I can't think of a single fan theory that I'd have rather had in its place.

Bah! I still think my theory was plausable...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/hamaliel/badwolfie.jpg">

;)

Quirkafleeg

Art

Things I've learnt from Lost: If you're playing an Iraqi it's okay to let your accent slip from time to time, so long as your normal accent is British.