Main Menu

Hyperdrive

Started by Quirkafleeg, 06 January, 2006, 05:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

So the new Red Dwarf or will it actually be funny?

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/hyperdrive/" target="_blank">I'm not hopefull...

Art

WTF?http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/hyperdrive/images/124/sandstrom.jpg">

Conexus

Megadeth

I'm currently watching Red Dwarf VII and I'm going to use that as a benchmark.

If it's funnier than RDVII (Not hard) then it's fine by me, if it's not then it must be one the worst Sci-fi programs ever produced.

Going by that clip it definately looks sub VII

Lord Running Clam

Tonight on BBC2 at 9:55 they are showing a 5 minute preview.

I've never seen why in sci-fi comedys the aliens & so on always seem to look comedic and daft.

Funt Solo

(My stance against RealPlayer means that I miss out on a lot of these preview things - ah well.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

pauljholden

Hey that preview looked really, really good. Production values were really impressive - good s/fx, really nice costumes/aliens and the set looked fairly impressive.

- pj

Conexus

production values,
they don't mean didly squat
if the script writers,
should be taken out and shot

Grae the puppetmaker

One of my mates extra-ed on this, he has high hopes, but I guess we'll see on wednesday...

pauljholden

Yes, forgot to say: also was very funny.

- pj

Quirkafleeg

>Hey that preview looked really, really good. Production values were really impressive - good s/fx, really nice costumes/aliens and the set looked fairly impressive.

Blimey PJ have you gone mad? It sucked like a Dyson on overdrive... it was about as funny as cat piss

The Amstor Computer

Seconded. That was a pretty dire teaser - how did they manage to gather so many decent peeps in one place & come up with that?

pauljholden

You know, the old PJ would have said 'yeah, you know... you might be right, actually I thought it was rubbish' . But dammit, I liked it, and I feel sorry for you poor bastards who don't like it, you'll be the poorer for it.

I also enjoyed Doctor Who. Come on. Who wants some?

- pj

Conexus

please, PJ; at least say you don't like the Catherine Tate show!!

pauljholden

I was prepared to like it and I laughed at a couple of bits, but there's too many sweary bits. In fact, I've had enough of sweary tv. It used to be you could really look forward to a good sweary bit on tv. Usually it heralded the opportunity to catch a tiny bit of nudity, now though everyone swears and its got so you can't sit and watch anything without a four letter word. Well, I've had enough. From now on, it's re-runs of the Two Ronnies and I'll give a new telly a chance, but the first sign of an over-reliance on the 'f' word and it's gone.

In related news: My Name is Earl is a work of genius. I've seen the first 10 or so episodes and its fantastic.

-pj