Main Menu

Megazine 4.17

Started by roystead, 22 October, 2002, 11:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roystead

Just read it. Astounding. Not a foot put wrong, cover to cover. Art, writing (dialog and scripting) all superb. Astonished. Can't talk more - must lie down...

Roy

PS/

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

By the way - was that really TinTin?

Matt

Megazine is riding a high at the moment. I don't think it has ever been as consistantly good as it is now.

Slippery PD

Agree totally and doesnt Cinnebar answer questions about rogues **ahem** nads???

Marbles

What was that real 'Durham Red ' photo at the end of the Meg all about?- in my wildest fanboy fantasies I'm thinking of a DR photo story...
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Matt

Hope next months issue comes with a free bagged pack of pocket hankies if that photo is anything to go by.

McNulty

You guys are disgusting :}

Anyway, I realy enjoyed the Durham Red story that featured another old vampire story in 2000AD, The Fiends of the Eastern Front. It was great to see both of these creations of Ezquerra drawn by the great man once more.

Link: http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~rjamieson/Cal-Hab/index.html" target="_blank">The A-Z of Cal-Hab

Mangamax

I'll second a Durham photo strip - just as long as its not as dire as that Nemisis vs Torquemada one - remember that?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

judge dreddd

Perfect issue and they published my email...oo.. postcards on their way.

Email saying they are desperate and they put it opposite a pic of breasts..

mmm

glad someone else picked up on the vampire soldiers, i was sure i had seen em somewhere else before.

HiEx

4.17 was good, but not perfect, not by a long shot.

Bendatti Vendetta - Thank grud this is ending next month. Who are these people? More to the point, who cares? This story has had zero character development. I don't know who the characters are and I don't care. I'm not a big fan of modern day thrillers, Button Man being the exception due to the bloddy fantastic writing and art, but sorry, the writting in Bendatti is just dull and uninteresting. And another thing, the shooting down of the AH-64 in this months episode is highly unrealistic. The cockpit glasss of an AH-64 Aphach attack helicopter is armoured to withstand multiple strikes from a 12.7mm calibre heavy machine gun. You would need much more than an MP5 sub-machine gun firing the relatively puny 9x19mm round to penetrate it.

Durham Red - The Ezquerra Durham Red /Fiends story was sheer bloody genius, although it could have been a bit longer.

Dredd - Okay, but nothing special.

Rogue - Good.

Crimson Traces. Fan-bloody-tastic, but why is it ending so soon? Let's have more of this please.

HiEx

Trout

"Bendatti Vendetta - Thank grud this is ending next month."

F*cking enthusiastic Royal assent to that.

Nice art tho. Foxy young lady.

- Trout

Matt

I liked the Bendatti Vendetta.

Slippery PD

Matt, Ive liked it to.  It does read like an intro though.  **This is what these people do** and here are some of the players, nothing too in depth.    

Having said that its not the best story, but its certainly no where near the worst.  Also my knowledge of military hardware is exceptionally limited so knowing that that gun cant shoot through that windscreen, hasnt annoyed me.  Am I the only person on the board, who doesnt get too hung up about things like that?

Or other things that have been mentioned on the board:
MK1 or MK2 lawgivers, shape of helmets, etc.

I mean I like continuity to be basically adhered to, but not at the expense of a good story.

Trout

" Am I the only person on the board, who doesnt get too hung up about things like that?"

Very possibly. :-)

- Trout

Art

My favorite gun of the moment is the Steyr TMP with this well wicked folding stock. Dinky.

Link: http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/0400/439.htm" target="_blank">http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/

roystead

"My favorite gun of the moment is..."

You have a favourite gun? Scary...