Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 11 May, 2017, 11:10:25 AM
SFX is pretty sure this won't star Karl Urban and won't be on Netflix.

So it is Pete Wells!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

The SFX story whiffs of conjecture. It might prove to be true, but it doesn't read like they have any inside info.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Enough Pete-bashing!

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 10 May, 2017, 05:26:26 PM
This is real!

Did you create that poster, Mike?

(PS, Glad to see it's the flat-headed belt buckle, rather than the stick-up-and-spear-you-in-the-belly design.)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Steve Green

SFX is pretty sure this won't star Karl Urban and won't be on Netflix. I know it's far too early for confirmed details, but they sound like they know something no-one else seems to - unless I've missed something...

http://www.gamesradar.com/a-judge-dredd-tv-show-is-coming-but-its-not-the-karl-urban-netflix-series-everyone-wanted/#comment-jump

How much regurgitated unsubstantiated rubbish have various sites posted over the years?

Unless it's coming from Rebellion or IM Global, it generally means jack shit one way or the other.

Pyroxian

Quote from: Magnetica on 11 May, 2017, 09:24:38 AM
Yes but neither my set top box or telly support it.  :(

Chromecast does (little dongle you plug into your TVs HDMI port and control via an Android / iPhone or your PC.). It's how I'm planning on watching Game of Thrones S7.

I think Apple TV and the Amazon Fire stick support it as well.

Andy Lambert

Well, quite - I was just bemused that SFX seemed to have arrived at a conclusion no-one else seems to... so far.

Fungus

I was also wondering about tales to tell...
You approach Otto Sump, League of Fatties, Hunters Club (just examples that sprung to mind) in the right way, and this could really take off.

Steve Green

It's clickbait - they want an angle that isn't just repeating the press release.

terryworld

jacob g

I hope this show will not lighten fascist reality of Meg1.
margaritas ante porcos

Pyroxian

Quote from: jacob g on 11 May, 2017, 11:45:06 AM
I hope this show will not lighten fascist reality of Meg1.

I kinda hope it starts off with the Judges being the heroes - coming in to save innocent cits from perps, but then starts getting darker with the fascistic nature of the Judicial system being more exposed and then bringing in the pro-democracy storyline...

SIP

Guessing of course, but if this has been given the go ahead on the strength of the loyal following of the 2012 Dredd movie, wouldn't it be a mistake to veer too far away from the look of that film?

The 2012 movie (for me) created a general aesthetic and city  that I actually now prefer to its comic counterpart. I don't think I want the city from 1995 Judge Dredd, I want 2012 Dredd.

The practical body armour was also spot on. And finally, if we are following on from the fan support of Dredd, Karl Urban would surely be the number 1 choice. I can only hope that it happens. I don't think any old actor will do just because it's only a chin and voice, that's seriously underplaying what karl urban brought to the role. He 100% nailed it.

Molch-R

SFX is pretty sure this won't star Karl Urban and won't be on Netflix. I know it's far too early for confirmed details, but they sound like they know something no-one else seems to - unless I've missed something...

http://www.gamesradar.com/a-judge-dredd-tv-show-is-coming-but-its-not-the-karl-urban-netflix-series-everyone-wanted/#comment-jump

Games Radar have nothing to do with SFX, the article is complete conjecture, and we've complained to editorial about it.

ZenArcade

I don't think any old actor will do just because it's only a chin and voice, that's seriously underplaying what karl urban brought to the role. He 100% nailed it.

What SIP said.

Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead