Main Menu

Bristol Expo 2006 - 13-14 May

Started by nick-is-at-home, 07 May, 2006, 11:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Timson

I wonder if I'll get to see Tharg and and his tall minion harrassing 'normal' hotel guests in the lift this year?

If only I'd had my camera...
Pffft...

WoD

Ahh..I hate you all...

Have a great time, and see you at Brighton!

Carlsborg Expert

House of Usher

I'll be setting off from home about 10am on Saturday, getting the first train to Bristol, returning to Cardiff in the evening after dinner, probably; then returning to Bristol Sunday morning and leaving the Expo about 4pm.
STRIKE !!!

paulvonscott

Well, I am finally allowed to sleep, I shall be bringing Solar Wind 7 to the ball after all.

And after the months of misery, I'm really looking forward to it.  Probably to be followed by more misery afterwards, but I'll take it where I can get it!

Seeyaz.

scutfink

Well, I can't make it down due to the usual financial/ Holiday entitlement restrictions.

What makes it even more annoying is that my girlfriend is on a train down to Bristol as we speak, she's going home to Glastonbury to visit her mum who got out of hospital on tuesday.

I've got to stay home of course, to take care of the cat...(Not in a Sinister Dexter sense.)

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g311/scutfink/th_IMG_0366.jpg" />

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

scutfink

It's more than a cat, it's the reason I'm not going to bristol (well, one of them..)

Dudley

Take cat to Bristol.  Drink beer.  Buy comics.

nick-is-at-home

Well,

I'll meet you all tommorow, wathc out for the preview in the foyer thingy, pic one up.

See ya  

nick-is-at-home

Got back yesterday,

had lots of fun,

Hi to all the guys at Futureshocks and Wild West Wendy and also Zarzaj.

paulvonscott

Of the four bristol may festivals I've been to I probably came back the most mellow and happy.  Considering the satate I was in when I went down, that's quite something.

Was nominated for an Eagle award, didn't win, but had a chat with the guy who did, David Hitchcock and his Springheeled Jack (as seen in the megazine recently), and he really deserved it.  The other nominees, Freakshow were also good sports, I think we were just pleased to be nominated.

I was wondering if I would feel a bit dissapointed if I didn't win, in the end I was just relieved!  I got drunk as a precaution though, and and ended up in my hotel room watching Morons from Outer Space trying to sober up :p  Judging by how rough I felt the next morning, it just made me feel sober, even though I was still drunk.

Launched Solar Wind 7, the photostrip issue, which seems to have done the trick on some people.

Launched Omnivistascope 2, which went down well and had lots of people saying 'ooh, nice cover' at me.

Met up with loads of people it was great to see again.  Bought loads of comics I have yet to look at.

Thanks to Ben, Leigh and David for helping out on the stall, and everyone who came by to chat.

Got back in time to stop off at the offy for some broon ale, nice one!

House of Usher

Leigh Shepherd and Paul Scott, yesterday.http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c381/HouseofUsher1/ExpoandInquisition005.jpg">
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c381/HouseofUsher1/ExpoandInquisition004.jpg">
STRIKE !!!

Leigh S

"Back road serial killer helps out at comics event shocker"