Main Menu

Scotland's Newest Comic Mart ? PRESTONPANDEMONIUM

Started by paulvonscott, 17 June, 2006, 11:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonR

Train from Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh Waverley.  Train from Edinburgh Waverley to Prestonpans station.

OR

First stage as above, then bus from St. Andrews Square station (2 minutes walk from Edinburgh Waverley) to Prestonpans.

Glaswegians...

paulvonscott

Well, dricing up tomorrow morning, it's on from 11-3 apparently, so if you want to drop by for a chat or look at some comics, please do.  

I'm happy to go for a drink afterwards also (although non-alchoholic for me)

I'll be selling Solar Wind, Onnivistascope, Futurqake, Mangaquake and Something Wicked.

Cheers

Paul

paulvonscott

By road

Just minutes from the A199/A1 (Wallyford junction) or take the coastal route (B1348). Free parking is available directly opposite The Goth

By bus

Buses 26 (Lothian) & 129 & 66 (First) stop outside the Goth. Buses 110 and 124 nearby.

By train

Prestonpans train station is normally only a 14 minute journey from Edinburgh on the Edinburgh-North Berwick line. However?.on 22nd July the Edinburgh/North Berwick service will be replaced by a shuttle bus operating from Newcraighall.

Leave the station by Platform 1 and walk down Station Road, turning left on Preston Road then right down West Loan. You will be able to see the Firth of Forth as you are heading down the hill. The ruins of Preston Tower are to your right. When you reach the High Street take a left and keep walking until you reach the Goth.

For GPS fans

Grid ref: NT381742
X: 338100m Y: 674200m
Lat: 55:57:26N (55.9571) Lon: 2:59:33W (-2.9924)

longmanshort

Can I just remind all the EIN'ers and FQ'ers and anyone else, that I will try and sell their comics on my stall if they send some to me.

Sorry Paul, not been following this thread - would have sent you some too! :(
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

paulvonscott

Sorry Mike, if you know anyone who can drop some off on Saturday, I'd still sell them.  Though I appreciate that's unlikely.

Bolt-01

Have fun over the weekend Paul.

Bolt-01

Trout

Enjoy!

I'm missing out, as expected, although it's not my wife's fault. :-)

- Trout

Dudley

Thought I might be able to go, but this ****ing essay's not finished yet.

paulvonscott

No bugger from the board came!  Met lots of people I'd met before, lartgely through moniaive, and it was nice to meet Starscape Chris and his wife, Zee-zee (I was too embarressed to ask if this was her real name).

Met John McShane, who I've talked to a few times at these things but never realised who he was.   He's the man who published bogie man and started toxic comic, and I sold him my copies.  That can't be right.

It was VERY small, but fun enough, and they hope to do more with it in October I think.  Possibly some signings, that would be good.

Sold more comics than I thought I would (which is never much at small events), walked along the delightful special brew can strewn 'beach' and had a nice meal in the gothenburg.

Knackered, but it was a nice day out.

j-bar03

Well, we really enjoyed it.  The photos can be seen here on the website everyone who helped to make the day such a success gets a mention.

We will be looking for lots more help, ideas & collaboration for the next one on 21st October.

Jan B

Link: http://www.prestonpandemonium.com" target="_blank">pictures here

http://www.prestonpandemonium.com/20060722_photos/img_Wolverton.JPG">

j-bar03

Well, we really enjoyed it.  The photos can be seen here on the website everyone who helped to make the day such a success gets a mention.

We will be looking for lots more help, ideas & collaboration for the next one on 21st October.

Jan B
 www.prestonpandemonium.com

j-bar03

The second Prestonpandemonium Comic Mart takes place on Saturday 4th November CHANGE OF DATE(11-3) upstairs in the Prestoungrange Gothenburg (a.k.a. The Goth), High Street, Prestonpans,

Alan Grant will be putting in an appearance.

Jump on a 26 bus from the centre of Edinburgh and look out for the totem pole. Prestonpans is not your regular small town. Prestonpandemonium is not your regular comic event (but it is small!).

Link: Prestonpandemonium website

http://www.prestonpandemonium.com/OCTOFANBOY.gif">