Main Menu

2000AD ONLINE CHARITY AUCTION!!!

Started by wampa, 28 July, 2006, 05:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

I've placed a bid on one thing.
I'll probably consider bidding on other stuff too, but I'll leave it a day or two to see what might be in my price range.

Any one bothered about Boarder's Ettiquette? Or (seeing as it's for charity) are we for an all out bidding war?
Better set your phaser to stun.

DavidXBrunt

Normally if I see someone I know is bidding for something I would think twice about bidding for it myself. I think in this case the prices should be as high as possible.

Oddboy

Gallant of you to say so David -- your name's on some of the items I might want!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Rex Banner

Does anybody know what happened to McMahon art? Although, as a consolation, there are two cracking Dr Who photos.....

Rex Banner

& David, I went to ?180 on the Necropolis art so feel free to bid some more. Hoping the reserve is ?200.

opaque

Looking at the Kevin Walker Mandroid artwork, what does

Ink on tracing paper (no solid blacks).
mean? No solid blacks? So just initial drawings then that were used as the basis for the actual finished artwork?

+rufus+

Kev doesn't fill in the black areas,  he draws the lines, then drops the black areas in on Photoshop.
He's inked onto tracing paper, as his pencils were probably rough on layout paper.
Hope that helps !
rufus

opaque

Thanks Rufus :)
Just sounded a bit funny!

+rufus+

Hurray! I won something!
:-) R
Well done everyone who bid...
 You can always just donate money to draw 'Draw the World Together"  as well.... even a ?5 helps!
:-) Rufus

paulvonscott

Well, it was a bad time for a charity auction for me as I'm broke as buggery.  I checked my bank account and paypal account for funds, even my lottery to see if I'd won anything (I had, a tenner, which I took as an omen!).

I bid on a few things, but got outbid on most of them (The Grant scripts, Lloyd's Slaine and I even offered ?20 for the Bison cover :p because it would have made me chuckle to see it on my wall), or they raced away from me (Flint's ABC Warriors), or I never had a chance in the first place (Gibbon's Dan Dare), but managed to end up with some very nice Patrick Goddard art from My Beating Heart, which was a story I enjoyed at the time.  So thanks to Patrick for the opportunity to win that, it'll be going on my wall.

Anyone else here get anything?  

paulvonscott

Ah, Rufus got that Slaine, I thought he'd come back for another go at it.  It's a very nice picture.

Buddy

Yeah, poor time for an auction... no money!!!

Last week of month would be better, closer to payday.

?280 for all those Kev Walker pages, what a gift! I'd have bid on those if pay day was closer.

Good to see the Rufus/Leach page got its reserve, pity the Jock page had a similar reserve as I'd have bid on that pay day or not.

Can we look forward to another similar auction in the future?

Anyone on the board win anything?

Rex Banner

I got the Mandroid art. Smiling like an idiot about it too!

Really thought it was going to go beyond my budget. (Thank you Opaque for stopping bidding when you did!)

Buddy

Well done that man on the Mandroid art!! Deal of the year there.

Glad it went to a fan rather than a dealer.

paulvonscott

Me too, Mandroid was a great story.  

But what do you do with it all, wallpaper your spare room or get it bound into a book?