Main Menu

Caprica (starts on 2nd Feb at 21;00 ON SKY1)

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 01 February, 2010, 03:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Ah tits. I've not had a chance to see any of this yet (was waiting until I got a boxset) so had avoided this thread completely for a long time. Actually just clicked on it in error and get greeted with the big cancel-hammer. A little disheartening!

Mardroid

Yeah, I just read last months Megazine yesterday. (I get it from Clickwheel so I'm a month behind.)

It was curious reading the article. Obviously the team didn't know it would be cancelled but I got the impression they were quite happy with the ratings. It wasn't as high as they'd hoped to start with but it improved (apparently.). Oh well, just goes to show.

Maybe they will provide a TV film or two to wrap things up. At least show how the first war started, before Blood and Chrome turns up.

Rog69

I'm getting fed up of series getting cancelled before they even hit their stride, first it was last of the summer wine and now this FFS >:(

LARF

dweezil2

Sad to hear this has been canned. Still there's always the DVD to savour.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

HOO-HAA

Loved the pilot and was very much looking forward to more.

Ah well. At least the boxset will be cheap now on Amazon...

Dark Jimbo

Anyone know if said boxset includes those five yet-to-be-shown episodes?
@jamesfeistdraws

Keef Monkey

My brother lives in Canada, says it's still showing there as normal, it's only America it got yanked straight away. Might mean UK telly will still show the whole thing.

HOO-HAA

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 10 December, 2010, 12:09:38 PM
Anyone know if said boxset includes those five yet-to-be-shown episodes?

Oh, it'll have to. I know with Firefly, the boxset contained the untelevised episodes.

And Keef's right, the series will probably be shown in full on UK TV.

This bugs me: I can understand why some of the mainstream networks will can a show mid-season: they need big ratings. But a genre network like syfy? Surely they should understand how a show needs time to evolve and build an audience.

Gah!  :(