Main Menu

Okay Hivemind, I've got one....

Started by the shutdown man, 21 May, 2009, 02:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the shutdown man

A long time ago, I was sitting up late and I saw the last 15-20 minutes or so of what appeared to be an English  short film apparently made in the 80's. It was about a contantly bickering family on a road trip, and when the arguing got too much, the dad kicked the son out of the car on a country road in the middle of nowhere. Then, driving on, the family encounters a bunch of fellas who take them out of the car, into the field and kill them one by one. The last shot is of the son finding the car. I can remember it was filmed in with lots of flashcuts and slowmo, and all sorts of that stuff.

Anyone have any ideas? I've never even known where to start looking, since I didn't know the name, or who directed it.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

TheEdge

no idea, but on a similar vein European flick called "THEM"  based on a true story about kids that just wanted to "play" with some adults, very brutal murders.
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: "TheEdge"no idea, but on a similar vein European flick called "THEM"  based on a true story about kids that just wanted to "play" with some adults, very brutal murders.
Based on a true story
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

M.I.K.

Quote from: "the shutdown man"A long time ago, I was sitting up late and I saw the last 15-20 minutes or so of what appeared to be an English  short film apparently made in the 80's. It was about a contantly bickering family on a road trip, and when the arguing got too much, the dad kicked the son out of the car on a country road in the middle of nowhere. Then, driving on, the family encounters a bunch of fellas who take them out of the car, into the field and kill them one by one. The last shot is of the son finding the car. I can remember it was filmed in with lots of flashcuts and slowmo, and all sorts of that stuff.

Anyone have any ideas? I've never even known where to start looking, since I didn't know the name, or who directed it.

I remember seeing something like this. Not certain it's the same thing but I think it turned out that the car had crashed due to the dad not paying attention because of the arguing and the stuff that happened towards the end of the film was all part of a dream one of the other family members was having while unconscious (or something).

I think "I do like to be beside the seaside" was playing at some point in it too.

the shutdown man

Quote from: "M.I.K."I remember seeing something like this. Not certain it's the same thing but I think it turned out that the car had crashed due to the dad not paying attention because of the arguing and the stuff that happened towards the end of the film was all part of a dream one of the other family members was having while unconscious (or something).

I think "I do like to be beside the seaside" was playing at some point in it too.

That sounds totally possible. I think part of it was at a seaside fairground sort of area if I remember correctly, (I think someone was having a freakout) so that song probably was playing at some point.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.