Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Cockroaches is one of my favourite Dredd one-offs ever.

TordelBack

Pity they couldn't squeeze A Home for Aldous Mayou in there, that's one of the best Dredds of the past decade.

Thanks for the listing, Edazzler - I'll definitely be picking this up now!

GaryUK

Anybody like to have a stab at which Judge Dredd stories has not been collected yet from the first say 1000 issues of 2000 AD?  And would there be enough Judge Dredd material to go beyond 90 volumes and up to 100?  Enquiring mind would like to know....

Tjm86

aside from the case files?

Well, Cursed Earth has only been reprinted about 6 times, I think.  Apocalypse War is a mere 5 times. We've only had 3 tries of Day the Law Died and I think Dredd vs Death is only 4 times.

is there enough Dredd material to stretch to 100 volumes?  Weeelll yes.  That said, if you thought Inferno was bad, wait until you meet Crusade.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: EDazzling on 24 February, 2018, 02:59:52 PM
Served Cold Contents:

Served Cold; What the Hitler Saw; The Bean Counter; The Rich Cabaret; The Cop; Magic Bullets; The Americans; Cockroaches; Rehab; Doctor What?

No 'Choose Your Own Xmas'?!
@jamesfeistdraws

GaryUK

Quote from: Tjm86 on 24 February, 2018, 09:49:15 PM
aside from the case files?

Well, Cursed Earth has only been reprinted about 6 times, I think.  Apocalypse War is a mere 5 times. We've only had 3 tries of Day the Law Died and I think Dredd vs Death is only 4 times.

is there enough Dredd material to stretch to 100 volumes?  Weeelll yes.  That said, if you thought Inferno was bad, wait until you meet Crusade.

I guess I should be more specific... which Judge Dredd stories have not been collected in the Judge Dredd Mega Collection so far...

EDazzling

abelardsnazz

So it looks like five issues remain to be confirmed, one of which should be Lawless. I'd be happy if the remainder were all Mad City/ Tales of Ordinary Madness style volumes.

Will the Robot Wars volume be a robot-themed issue? Be fun to have stories like Something Abnormal About Norman in there.

Quote from: Tjm86 on 24 February, 2018, 09:49:15 PM
That said, if you thought Inferno was bad, wait until you meet Crusade.

Hush, that monstrosity (apologies to Mick Austin) should be wiped from existence.

robert_ellis

That join between volumes 80 & 81 is appaling. I really hope they reprint Vol 80. The sword and cape being cut off is so amateur. I'd rather the characters overlapped less. I've been impressed by the contents announced but I'm cancelling if this is the product I'm left with.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 25 February, 2018, 05:56:31 PMSo it looks like five issues remain to be confirmed, one of which should be Lawless.

Quote from: Tjm86 on 24 February, 2018, 09:49:15 PMThat said, if you thought Inferno was bad, wait until you meet Crusade.

They wouldn't... would they?

abelardsnazz

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 25 February, 2018, 06:39:32 PM
Quote from: abelardsnazz on 25 February, 2018, 05:56:31 PMSo it looks like five issues remain to be confirmed, one of which should be Lawless.

Quote from: Tjm86 on 24 February, 2018, 09:49:15 PMThat said, if you thought Inferno was bad, wait until you meet Crusade.

They wouldn't... would they?

Stop it!

IndigoPrime

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 25 February, 2018, 05:56:31 PM
So it looks like five issues remain to be confirmed, one of which should be Lawless. I'd be happy if the remainder were all Mad City/ Tales of Ordinary Madness style volumes.

Amen to that, brother!
@jamesfeistdraws

Jade Falcon

Again, I'm in the dark here, what is Crusade?

I still think they should print Pirates of the Black Atlantic and the whole Robot Rebellion.  Granted these are older stories, but so what.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 25 February, 2018, 09:38:43 PM
Again, I'm in the dark here, what is Crusade?

A brain-meltingly awful story by Morrison & Millar where a bunch of world judges have a big scrap in some Antarctic refinery place over who gets to find out what a scientist means when he says he's had a message from God. Nice Mick Austin art, which is literally the strip's only redeeming feature.

EDIT: It's not as bad as Book of the Dead, but it's a strong runner-up.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.