Main Menu

PROG 1384 - Cricket Bat Mayhem

Started by WoD, 05 April, 2004, 04:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt.Zeep

Rat's cocks!  I just wrote a funny and erudite review, gently poking fun at Mr. Rennie and praising the talents of Abnett and Clarke, and the damn thing wouldn't post.  Arses!  Good prog tho'

thrillpowerseeker

Cover---Excellent...who needs photo blah....8

Droid Life..very funny..P14's developing a stoopI notice...7

Dredd..story just warming up nicely..Adlards arctic art is superb..i felt cold reading it the explosion when it came nearly burnt me..          big up Charlie..8

SinDex..as was stated in an above review Sindex had become a bit flat..this story isnt...although Sinister doesnt seem to be doing much except talk on phones..very good tho..7

Bec and Kawl..wasnt a fan of this before ..nothing ive read so far has changed my opinion..now feg and constantine have gone so has my interest i'm afraid..just reading all those lispy sentances gave me a headache..4

Rogue..Has long been flagging..this story is better than some of the latest ones tho but hasnt really rekindled any Rogue enthusiasm..6

Durham Red..Red looks positively anorexic in this episode..her bum doesnt look big in that shoelace she wears..Stories dragging a bit, nowts happened for 3 episodes!!..The Offspring take the bus did he?..hurry up and get there son..6

SOTD..Hellfire that was bit bleak..The media friendly buzzword is RomZomCom isnt it?..I think the film with its comedy will disappoint me now after that story..I wish the film would have taken that style..9

Mangamax

Can't be an auction photo - FAR too many people there...
Looks more like the bar, taken from the barman's point of view?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Smiley

Early prog this week, late prog last week.

Anyhoo, ace cover.

All the stories seemed fairly slight this week apart from some backstory in Bec & Kawl, which in itself is good throwaway fun. Dredd was just a pre-amble to next week's shootout, Rogue stood on a ramp while the top Nort explained stuff for latecomers and Durham Red held another fireworks display for Games Workshop.

Shaun Of The Dead reminded of those strip ads for films like Roar (see Tippi Hedren as drawn by Steve Dillon!) or Willow, and probably coulda been done in half a page too.

Overall a snack prog.

Queen Firey-Bou

but queen Bou gets a name check ! woo hoo woo hoo !

damn, why did i have to have a name of some historical wifey, so i will never be able to claim all the name check glory to myself ?

OY, SI !, next time its "queen Firey Bou", okay ?

grea prog btw.

Matt Timson

Something is *very* wrong.

Not only am I enjoying the current Sin/Dex- but I didn't enjoy Frazer's artwork this time around.

Help?
Pffft...

Trout

Quirkafleeg

Don't worry... THE COLLECTIVE CONCURS

Trout

Hmph.

The collective can piss off.

I make my own decisions, then tell the rest of you what to think.

- Trout

Matt Timson

You don't think that Frazer's usually mighty work was a bit less than show stopping in this instance then, Trouty?  I found it less mental and more than a little bit David Lloyd, I'm afraid.  Not *bad*, but nothing to get excited about either.  It had an almost- dare I say it- rushed look about it to me.

Somebody order up another jillion volts into the head of the Frazer Droid- sanity is *clearly* returning.  It must be swept away at once- at *once*, I say!  One man's mind is a small price to pay for exceptional artwork...

As for Sin/Dex- I don't want to like it because I'm a small minded petty bigot who fears change.  I'm still enjoying it though.

CRAZY!
Pffft...

GordonR

The Shaun of the Dead strip was arranged _very_ late in the day for making it into the prog coming out the same week as the film opened.

Frazer's deadline on that story must have been insanely  tight.

Matt Timson

I thought it might be something like that.  Not shit, by any stretch of the imagination- just lacking the usual *ooomph*!

Give Frazer the jillion volts anyway.  In the interests of science.  And art.
Pffft...

Trout

I didn't notice any drop in standards.

I did, however, see it as a "cleaner" style, and just thought he was trying something new, as he does every time he takes on a new strip.

He's posted about that policy here, before now.

I certainly didn't think it looked rushed like, for example, Carlos' work on ABC Warriors.

- Trout

Matt Timson

Give the fish a jillion volts too.  For fun.

:)
Pffft...

Art

I actually prefer it to the style he used for the Death series, which wasn;t grabbing me at all. Supercool cover too.