Marvel Superheroes hit Netflix

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 28 May, 2014, 04:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: JamesC on 20 September, 2017, 06:40:31 PM
Looks promising. Not sure the changes to the origin were necessary - I always found the 'family killed in a crossfire' story satisfying enough. Still, shouldn't really get in the way of the shooty action!

Yeah the only part of that which confused me in the trailer (and bearing in mind I'm halfway through Luke Cage and haven't seen Iron Fist or Defenders yet) is that I thought they'd already covered his family's death in Daredevil, and it was the shootout in the park by the carousel. This trailer seems to suggest they were killed at home.

I could be totally misremembering the events of Daredevil though, it was a while ago!

Trailer looks immense though, and very authentically Punisher.

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 21 September, 2017, 09:26:36 AM
Yeah the only part of that which confused me in the trailer (and bearing in mind I'm halfway through Luke Cage and haven't seen Iron Fist or Defenders yet) is that I thought they'd already covered his family's death in Daredevil, and it was the shootout in the park by the carousel. This trailer seems to suggest they were killed at home.

I could be totally misremembering the events of Daredevil though, it was a while ago!

Trailer looks immense though, and very authentically Punisher.

Yep, his wife and 2 kids are caught in the crossfire in a shootout in the park.

The bit from the trailer is probably a dream sequence: Frank, happy in his sleep, 'wakes' to find his wife in the room....and then BLAM. And then he wakes up.

That's my hope anyway - continuity be damned = mess as per comics.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Jim_Campbell

Link Prime

Seen several ads for the forthcoming Inhumans series on Sky recently.
Not sure if even Iwan Rheon's man-beard can save it.

I'll give it a go of course, but expectations are pretty low.

IndigoPrime

The Medium is not Enough has been having fun tearing it to shreds. And the guy behind that even liked Iron Fist.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Link Prime on 20 October, 2017, 09:46:25 AM
I'll give it a go of course, but expectations are pretty low.

It's not bad, it's just desperately mediocre and utterly lacking in tension or excitement.

CalHab

A pretty interesting take on The Punisher and its problems:
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/nov/20/the-punisher-netflix-marvel-glorifying-gun-violence

The journalist credits Garth Ennis as having the most successful take on the character.

JamesC

I'm up to about episode 4 of The Punisher and quite enjoying it. It doesn't feel very much like The Punisher though - more like an entirely new character.
I wish they'd have just taken the Max run and filmed it (either Ennis or Aaron's).

TordelBack

JLC

Another dull Netflix Marvel show. Given up after 4 episodes.

Mardroid

I binged it over the weekend. I largely enjoyed that. I can't  really compare it to the comics as I haven't read much,  but I think it worked at what it was. A bit predictable in places. [spoiler]Who didn't guess the pretty boy ex-comrade would turn out to be a bad un? The shere viciousness of his revenge on a certain character in the last episode was a bit... much for me though. Really, rather disturbing. I know it's supposed to be, but even so. [/spoiler]

The Legendary Shark

Yeah, it was pretty good, if a little slow in places and somewhat predictable in others. It superficially "explored" the gun control issue without being preachy either way and the violence was largely pedestrian, nothing we haven't seen before. Not too sure about the character of Castle, he seemed too stable to be a psycho killer (in my mind, he's the kind of person you have to be really careful around so as not to mention anything he happens to be unreasonably angry about today - which could be anything from murder to shampoo) and too unstable to be stone-cold sane. I think he was a bit bland, trying (and failing) too hard to be the stereotypical tortured hero.

I enjoyed it well enough, though, and hope for more seasons, but it's no Daredevil. 7/10.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trooper McFad

So that's Dare Devil now cancelled on Netflix after what I thought was a pretty good season 3. With Luke Cage & Iron Fist (weakest one) also cancelled it onl leaves Jessica Jones an probably a final season of the Punisher left from the Marvel studio on Netflix. Overall I thought they were better attempts at putting the super hero genre onto the small screen than the attempts on mainstream TV over the years. Even just comparing these with the DC set currently on Sky (though I'm currently watching Black Lighting also on Netflix and quite enjoying this for what it is).
It'll be interesting to see if these characters turn up on the new Disney channel as the violent programs they were or a watered down nobody gets killed ever super hero romp.
Anywhoo a lot of content space left available for any Rebellion productions 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

CalHab

There are a ridiculous amount of superhero tv shows and films and even the hardest core fan couldn't follow them all. At some point there will be an implosion, and this might be Netflix anticipating it.

But then why do a big money deal with Mark Millar?