Main Menu

the shape of things to come

Started by O Lucky Stevie!, 26 April, 2002, 08:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

just picked up the latest previews (can't miss it, it's the chunky big catalogue thing with the kevin o'neill cover for league of extraordinary gentleman volume ii with lots of red in it!) & see titan soliciting strontium dogs: portrait of a mutant with a painted ezquerra cover for july release.

tor cyan apparently "learns the ultimate truth of his origin" (well, you see, son, when a clone man  loves & clone woman...) coutesy of john tomlinson & jock in progs 1298 & 1299 (here's hoping that jock can make sense of tomlinson's action sequences!), whilst prog 1300 is a relaunch issue featuring
*strontium dog
*the vcs
*"...and the original rogue trooper is back in the fray on nu earth, courtesy of gordon rennie, staz johnson & david roach."

megazine vol 4 #13 features the conclusions of both judge dredd: citizen sump coutesy of wagner & higgin as well as missionary man: place of the dead.

megazine vol 4 # 14 sees the return of lenny zero in wipeout, whilst both issues contain bad company & hellboy reprints reprints in addition to installments durham red: the scarlet apocrypha (no creative team listed).

also of note are automatic kafka by joe casey & ashley woods from wildcat(superheroes, but i might give it a try, must read those wildcats trades i bought for the sean phillips art someday!)

dc brings us animal man: origin of the species trade (collecting #10-17 plus the story from secret origins #39), the resolicitation of garth ennis & phil winslade's goddess trade (ooops, september 11!!! however that didn't stop marvel shipping an issue of ennis & dillon's punisher also featuring an airliner crash the following week...oh, but the punisher caused it to crashed into the bad guys, so i guess it was okay then) as well as the announcement of several forthcoming miniseries under the vertigo pop banner, one of which is london! by peter milligan & philip bond (minky swoon!).

oh, & the flash:time flies prestige one-shot isn't by garth ennis. pro--from image--howerver, is.

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

O Lucky Stevie!

speaking of goddess, anybody out there know anything about ennis & winslade's proposed revival of invasion, circa 1990?

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

GordonR

You've just answered your own question.

It never got off the ground, and got recycled into Goddess.

Tu-plang

Arf! New Durham Red!  The Scarlet Apocrypha!  That looks truly salivate-out-of-your-arse awesome.

All that and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen 2!  that's tits, man.

O Lucky Stevie!

really, milo? er, it's been a while since i last read goddess, but i don't seem to recall any volgs or volg substitute (there was an indepence for northern ireland subtext, however)

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible

paulvonscott

Just be grateful he hasn't cacked up another 2000AD classic character with his sewer-like Midas touch.