Main Menu

Can anyone record TV to DVD for me?

Started by Wake, 08 February, 2005, 05:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

I would have titled this post 'does anyone have a DVD recorder?' but that might imply I'm looking for someone with a DVD writer in their PC.

Please could someone record Blood on our Hands for me.
Channel 4
Thursday 10th February
Time: 21:00 to 23:10
Duration: 2 hours and 10 minutes.

It should feature my son Finn as Baby Ned one of the main characters as a child in a flashback sequence. I may be in it too - but just as a musketeer in the background of a 'hair cutting' scene.

I'll be taping it onto VHS but it would be great if someone could record it onto DVD.

Cheers,

Wake

therev

AAAARRRGGH!
In a fit of doubledumbassness I decided to delete my current version of Kazza an get version 3.
STOOPIDLY I deleted my original version and when I try and download the newer version it says "an error has be encountered" just as it starts to download the new software. Anybody got any ideas???
I wouldn't bother the board with this but I don't hang round any Techie boards!
Or maybe theres a better place to get my dirty fix of downloaded "free" music?
HELP!

Wake

Finlay with http://uk.imdb.com/name/nm0363117/" target="_blank">Susannah Harker.

http://www.2000ad.org/oscar/photos/blood_hands1.jpg">

http://www.2000ad.org/oscar/photos/blood_hands2.jpg">

paulvonscott

I can ask my brother if I can get in touch with him.  No promises yet, I'll let you know.

therev

Awwww COOL!
God he's got big! Remember when you posted pic's of him when your other Mini-Wake was born, waht over a year ago?
Don't have access to a home DVD recorder BUT my bro in law can transfer from VHS to DVD if yer REALLY stuck.
Let me know.

Bico

If the programme is something with 'cult' appeal, it might show up on the bittorrent websites, because - God knows - everything else does, especially British programmes.  Presumeably, it's the only way that many Americans will ever see them.

CraveNoir

I'll be surprised if it doesn't turn up on usenet a couple of days after transmission in alt.binaries.documentaries and/or alt.binaries.multimedia

I'll keep an eye out.

tjm8604

sorry, not sure if there was a positive response from this thread but sure, no problem.  Will record it anyway.  Let me know if you still want it and I'll get it in the post.

Wake

Your's has been the most positive response so far so yes please. I can PayPal you to cover shipping and the disc.

Cheers,

Wake

paulvonscott

Well, I'd just phoned my brother to check before I cam back online.  I didn't want to say yes and have it go wrong.  

But feel free to count me as plan B.  My brother has programmed the sky plus, I'll tell him to hold off on the disk burning for the moment.

Wake

So long as they haven't cut out Finn's flashback scene then I'll be more than happy if I end up getting two copies.

Cheers,

Wake

WoD

Wake.  I can get the in-laws to do it (if you don't mind ending up with 3 copies!).

Let me know and I'll call them.

Wake

What is the likely cost per copy?

Is there likely to be any difference in quality between different copies?

Cheers,

Wake

WoD

Not sure of cost, but I can get it taped on highest quality.  I wouldn't worry about the cost though, you can owe me one.

paulvonscott

Recorded onto dvd and posted isn't more than a quid Wake, you cheapskate.