Main Menu

A sign of a man with too much time on his hands

Started by Conexus, 02 March, 2005, 05:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conexus

I posted this message on the imdb hhg2tg messageboard (suprisingly good natured for a imdb board), and i'd like some ego stroking/abuse. There's a opinion in all this gumpf too

I know this is blasphemy...

... Before i start, i'm aware that DNA asked specifical for a Peter Jones style voice for the guide, so it is obviously how he heard the book himself , which is what makes my frollowing comments blasphemy , not just some opinion.

NB in my pointless tangents there may be little spoilers that might lessen the enjoyment of the hitch hiker's guide radio series, the hitchhiker's book, the hitchhiker's guide tv series, not to mention the hitchhiker's guide movie.(As far as I'm aware there are no spoilers that would lessen the enjoyment of the hitchhiker's guide t-shirt.)

Anyway what i think is that, judging from the trailer, I think that Stephen Fry is better as the book than Peter Jones.

Excuse me as duck the flying towels

(why wasn't that use mentioned in book? '...they can also be used as projectile weapons against annoying message boarders,for example. You can also throw it at the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal who will probably eat it,and in all the soil deposits from myriad planets, (present on the towel of any true hitchhiker. i.e. any too skint to afford the cost of a visit to a laundromatt) there is bound to be some soil dwelling viruses that will disagree with the beast.Or it could choke. This is of course unfortunate, as you will nedd to purchase a new towel.If the Bugblatter Beast of Traal dodges the towel, it is advised you get down on your knees and pray for salvation from your higher being of choice - This won't be of any use of course, but it's something to do.If you are an athiest, you could always spend your time wishing you are correct, lest you are cursed to spent enternity in uncomprehensible pain.Uncomprhensible that is, to all except those who have entered the total perspective vortex, to whom the aforementioned uncomprhensible pain would be 'a walk on a custom built Magrathean pleasure planet'-as the often used phrase goes- in comparison to what they have suffered')

I shall explain my blashemy thusly : The book is supposed to be calming and i think that Fry's voice has a more soothing quality than Peter Jones'

(The book has also has this to say as on the topic of defence:
Humour can also be used as a form of defence, distracting your opponent from the inital reason for the aggression. It does help, of course,if you are a Golden Galaxy award winning comedian. Even if you do happen to be in this position you should keep these points in mind: A brief look at the highest rating comedies across the galaxy proves that many sentient being have no sense of humour, also the growing trend across the galaxy to sit around doing next to nothing watching others sit around doing next to nothing proves that many sentient beings are in fact, not sentient - See other uses for your towel: weeping into it in desperation at the way the galaxy is headed-)

Hey I said this was blasphemy- Why not go the whole hog? ;)

Conexus

it wouldn't let me change it to tv/film- still it is very much book related, isn't it ?