Main Menu

Rebellion is a Video Game Company, isn't it?

Started by McNulty, 18 August, 2005, 06:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly

'Trump game..'

Must....resist....farting...references...http://members.surfeu.fi/tosso/andratvill/andra2/full%20fart%20js.jpg">

Lord Running Clam

I always thought that Sinister Dexter would lend itself well to a GTA style game.

paulvonscott

I would say Fate, that I wouldn't want the games to be too rubbish, just very fun addictive simple games.

While I'm here, does anyone want to give me some PS2 advice?

Okay, today I bought a lightgun and a game at the bootfair, A XK-10 lightgun and Endgame.  I assume the Gun is not great but okay-ish and no idea how the game rates, but I seem to be enjoying it.  Can anyone suggest a good gun to get (as I'll want a second gun) and can they reccommend any good PS1 or PS2 lightgun games.  I enjoy these, because I'm a simpleton and don't have to operate any weird controls which would otherwise confuse me.

I have the Dredd PS-1 game and have just been trying it out for the first time, with my new lightgun.  The game is fun enough, a bit crude and the filmed cut scenes are great fun (in a rubbish way).  Any advice?  I'm generally toast as soon as I get onto the second levels.  Is a lightgun any good for playing this game?  Are the things that I'm killing that look like judges, actually judges or are the judge robots?  I'm very confused generally.

Also, I can never save PS-1 games on the PS-2, I asume this is incompatibility with memory cards?

My Dredd PS-2 game is in the post and I'll be attempting that in due course.  In training for Rogue, whenever it's out.

Cheers

The Amstor Computer

Paul --

Can't help with the rest, but the problem with saving PS1 games is - IIRC - because you need to use a PS1 memory card. You should be able to be find one fairly easily - just remember to go for official Sony cards. While there were a few good third-party one, there were far more that were pretty shoddy.

paulvonscott

Oh, okay, that's good to know.  I can use a PS-1 memory card on my PS-2?  My brother has two PS-2 memory cards, but hasn't filled one up, so I could put it in that slot.

They don't seem much on e-bay anyway.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

opaque

Here's an idea.
How about creating 2000ad themed mod levels for a larger game e.g Quake or Unreal Tournament 2007?
That way you get the best games engine and maybe some money (if you had a pack of them) or at least exposing 2000ad characters to a wider audience if not?

I've seen some homemade skins of Judges in the past but with a serious designer doing levels who knows what you could do. If individuals can create nice levels for things like Unreal Tournament 2004 then why not capitalise on that?

Noisybast

Because I'm a lazy bastard, alright?

Link: Strontium Dog UT

http://www.strontiumdog.myby.co.uk/models/pose01.jpg">
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

opaque

Nah ;)
Yours is one of the examples I was thinking of.
If individuals can do really nice things then with a bit of experienced programming skills I'm sure we could have some amazing things.

You think of the size of some of the DvD levels. Now I've played UT levels miles bigger than that. Admittedly mainly ones designed by fans not the designers but it can be done. There are so many different scenarios/places/characters that could be used.

r33dude

I think the whole 2000ad thing would make a great MMORRG. So many stories and characters to draw from and it would be a nice change from the usuall LOTR rip offs.

paulvonscott

Cheers Max, got ma self a memory card from the bootfair for a quid.  Unfortunately when I went to save the first game it was of course full, so I have to start again now I've deleted the games, but I should have realised that.

I'm really enjoying the Playtstation 1 Dredd game.  And so I'm probably going to try and finish that on easy level before I try the PS2 game (my last efforts at thast were shameful).

I really wish it worked with a light gun.

Oh and the things that looked like judges appear to be robot judges, a la mechanismo, I think.

Anywone else played the game?

Max Kon

why are you cheering me? It was ampster who helped you.

paulvonscott

Max Kon

'Amstor Computer = Max'

ah yes, also: Amstor Computer = Richy

Jared Katooie

I'd love to see a Judge Dredd platform game. Or an adventure game with D.R and Quinch. These wouldn't be too difficult to make.

There's plenty of free software online for making games. Surely some enthusiastic fan(s) could make a game themselves? Some of the software doesn't even require any programming knowledge.

Hell even a 2000AD text adventure could be fun.

The Amstor Computer

>> Arrest the citizen

I'm sorry, you can't do that.

>> Place the cuffs on the citizen

I'm sorry, you can't do that.

>> Execute citizen!

What have you done, Joe? The SJS arrive, guns blazing and within minutes you're nothing more than a smear on the pedway. Don't execute innocent cits!

Final score: 2 out of 432

GAME OVER