Main Menu

constantine

Started by PeterWolf, 05 May, 2007, 11:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

this is interesting:i have someone round tonight who claims that either the artist or the writer or both live very near to where i live  [kemp town,brighton],i have also heard this rumour before from seperate sources.i cant dispute it as i have no idea at all other than the comic is produced in usa.also the rumour has it that elements of the stories to do with the dark arts are directly inspired by those who would know about such things......i am not trying to start silly myths + rumours but if anyone here knows any more then please say........peter.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Adrian Bamforth

Glenn Fabry used to paint the covers and he lives in Brighton so it might be him, though other artists have been known to live there.  Hellblazer (the John Constantine comic) has mostly been written and drawn by British (and Irish) creatives, at least early on. The Vertigo line of comics was quite British driven from the start, inspired by the kind of non-superhero comics that Alan Moore (who created Constantine) and other ex-2000AD creatives were doing.

Peter Wolf

yes that does sound something like what i heard  too.my friend also said that the comic was more along the lines of alan moore.the subject itself i wouldnt describe as american either.there is plenty of "occult" giong on in this neck of the woods .i dont practice stuff myself but i do hear +have heard things over the years+sometimes i have seen the evidence.i wouldnt have taken it that seriously except that richard is a very reliable source of info.the most knowledgable i know.he is writing a 3 volume set of books right now on the true basis of arthurian legend.i have seen + read bits of it although i didnt have the foggiest quite honestly.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death