Main Menu

Future Shock Submissions

Started by Captain America, 13 September, 2007, 08:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain America

Hi folks.  Does anyone know if a cover letter should be included with Future Shock submissions?

Thanks.

Anyone on these boards ever had any luck getting their scripts published?

WoD

Yes it should, along with your synopsis (you must have this).  Keep the letter brief, hello..I'm XXX, here's my contact details (which you have also added to every page of your script and synopsis) hope you like it.

Several peeps here have managed to get in to print - well deserved too!

Art

You might want to join the Scriptdroids Yahoo Group, ands check the archives for about a month ago where there was a similar conversation.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scriptdroids/" target="_blank">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scriptdroids/

WoD

Jared Katooie

Actually, while we're on the subject... how detailed should the synopsis be? A papragraph or two? Should it give the ending away?

Richmond Clements

I'd say a paragraph. And yes, it should tell the whole story.

Art

I keep it under a page, but I struggle. Really it should be far shorter.

WoD

The synopsis is always tough to do.  We don't get enough people sending them in with the scripts we get for FutureQuake, etc. which is a shame as it would be good practise.

Didn't Spurrier say he used to get 3 to a page when he was putting together various Future Shock submissions?

JudgePrager

Does anyone know what the turnaround time tends to be? As in, how long before you assume the submission has been read and discarded but there wasn't time to send a reply?

W. R. Logan

The concept of earth time doesnâ??t exist in the nerve centre and the submissions pile is sat in the middle of some freak time anomaly, so I wouldnt hold your breath.

WoD

Can be anything from a week to months or even (as for my last one) never.  It's a busy place, oil gets leaked, shit sometimes happens.

Captain America

Thanks for the info everyone.  Would I be right in thinking you should only send one script per envelope, i.e. don't send two scripts together?

Art - I'll make a point of signing up to that Yahoo group first thing next week!

WoD

That seemed to be the general concensus in the scriptdroids discussions about this topic.

Captain America

At the risk of sounding trivial, should your script, cover letter and synopsis all be stapled together?

WoD

I'd say yes.  Don't foget to have your contact details on the bottom of each page in case they do get seperated.