Main Menu

City Of Heros Free Trial.

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 11 December, 2007, 04:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I've been downloading and playing alot of those MORRPG Free trials lately. This has been going on for a few months. When one trial ended, another started.

First it was a Expanion for Everquest Two.

Then Shadows of Anngmar from Lord of the Rings.

World of Warcraft ( One of the best.)

Starwars Galaxies. Not as good as I thought it might have been. Though the option to play a Entertainer offers more vareity and it was when I discovered how to find al those well known hotspots on Tattoine ( Jabba's Palace, Sarlacc pit, Pod racing grounds.) my free had then ended.

Dark Age of Camelot.

Shadow Bane: Throne of Oblivion.

Though it's bit dated now, not being graphically as good as some of the newer ones. It still has enough appeal to keep me hooked. One thing is that it's supposed to be completely free to play indefinitely. Which I thought ironic as it was a few years ago when I had purchased the orignal version of this game and due to overwelming circumstances. I never really got around to playing it until the version I had was no longer supported.

Anyway, right now I had just sampled the 'City of Heros' free trial. First thing that struck me. Was that it's set in a normal looking city. As far as most other MORRPG's go...the ones that I have played are set in old world fantacy settings. ( With the exeption of Star War Galaxies )

Right here, we have somthing that looks like it's been taken from Superman's Metropolis or Batman's Gotham City. You know, with all those robot eye in the sky cameras floating around and abit more of
 a stretch of the imagination this could Mega City One.

So far, I have not gotten too far into this game due to other arising circumstances. One that I have spent more time this afternoon making up a character that looks alot like Judge Dredd in full uniform and that now the game servers ae all down for maintenance. It's not hard, to find the gear that looks like dark blue jumpsuit, golden shoulder pads, a green belt, gloves and boots. The helmet with a visor. When design your hero's uniform.  So, while it doesn't look exact and might not play like a typical street Judge. I stil l had alot fun doing this.
( I will put pictures up when I figure out the screenshot function.) OH, bTW I called him FUZZMAN ( FUZZ being a old American colloqialism for the Police.) because THE JUDGE, THE LAW, LAWMAN were already taken.

My next project was Nemesis the Warlock. Well while the still too human shaped head didn't look quite right, the lower extremities were just about there. Something monsterous wearing purple flaming medievil armour ( The painted flames in purple were a personal choice of mine.) and digitgrade legs that almost look like the cloven hoofed appendages of the arch Devient himself.

Anyway, before I could any further the servers disconnected me.

Again I will put pictures up when I find the opportunity.

I can also well imagine Johhny Alpha, Wulf, Rogue, Duranm Red, Slaine and even Tharg himself. With slightly different names.

Has anybody here possessing this game tried this yet.

Link: http://www.cityofheroes.com/" target="_blank">Oh, I yearn for the 2000AD equivelent.